• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So was I. Can't get some of the features though. Bit disappointing.

Windows aren't exactly fast in deleting apps of the store though. You can still get flappy bird :confused:

The same paper that would happily slam others in misfortune.

As I said in the other thread, anything to sell their rags.

Hypocrites....

(Have you all missed me :D - I've become MORE cynical in my time away, not less, sorry haha!)

I just feel sorry for them with so much pressure to keep their relationship going. They're teenagers - not many relationships that start at that age make it, simply because we are still growing and evolving as people. I remember my first love at that age - I'd never felt anything like it and thought that I'd met my Mr Forever...then we went to university and the rest, as they say, is history! They are going to feel like they HAVE to make this relationship work as they are now 'The Smiler couple'. Yes they have shared a unique and awful experience but that isn't necessarily going to make it work for them.

Forgive my cynicism, I'm still bitter about Helen and Paul from Big Brother 2 - now there's a relationship I thought would go the distance...

I think the worst thing is how no matter what happens in their relationship, it will be covered by all of the media. They have sort of become celebrities. Yes, it was an unusual and unexpected accident, that's why it was covered so much, but why do this? Personally, I would HATE it. I know they have said that they don't mind talking about it, but give them some privacy. It's the articles about them getting a takeaway, or going to the cinema that annoy me the most. This isn't real news.

I think the worst thing is how no matter what happens in their relationship, it will be covered by all of the media. They have sort of become celebrities. Yes, it was an unusual and unexpected accident, that's why it was covered so much, but why do this? Personally, I would HATE it. I know they have said that they don't mind talking about it, but give them some privacy. It's the articles about them getting a takeaway, or going to the cinema that annoy me the most. This isn't real news.

Exactly, they have chosen to put themselves out there as a couple, and therefore have put themselves under this pressure. It might work out for them but equally it might not, and then they have to cope with that being all over the papers.

And the media will make out that it's Alton tower's fault if it doesn't work out even though it will have nothing to do with them :mad:

Well simply they've found a chance to make a quick bit of money and have taken it. I'd imagine they've made a fair bit of money from all these interviews over the weeks. I personally wouldn't want that attention but I can't blame Leah/Joe in some ways for making the most of the opportunity they have.

I do find it a bit saddening though that there are 14 other people who went through a horrific ordeal and they are not even mentioned, they don't exist. I'm sure some of those who were on the train do want to stay quiet and not have the media after them, although it's frustrating how by looking at the media you'd almost believe it was just two people on the train, and only two people affected by the crash.

But hey ho, that's mainstream media for you, it's always the same!

(This isn't serious) they aren't important. They didn't have any serious injuries so it is not worth invading their personal life. People don't care about them so they don't sell papers.

(This is) They all whent through the same experience even if the outcome was significantly worse for some of them. It would have been traumatic for all those on board and yet we don't even know their names. Not because they don't want it published, but because they only suffered minor injuries an don't get money for the media.

I can understand if some of the victim's want to sell their story of what happened to the press, fair enough. But this follow up, which I can't be bothered to waste time reading, about their romance etc just seems a step too far. I won't say any more in case it comes across as offensive to some!

Proves that this story is showing no signs of lying down yet, the public seemingly love it.

:)

Well simply they've found a chance to make a quick bit of money and have taken it. I'd imagine they've made a fair bit of money from all these interviews over the weeks. I personally wouldn't want that attention but I can't blame Leah/Joe in some ways for making the most of the opportunity they have.

I do find it a bit saddening though that there are 14 other people who went through a horrific ordeal and they are not even mentioned, they don't exist. I'm sure some of those who were on the train do want to stay quiet and not have the media after them, although it's frustrating how by looking at the media you'd almost believe it was just two people on the train, and only two people affected by the crash.

But hey ho, that's mainstream media for you, it's always the same!
That is the media for you (as you said but it's so right)

Going back to a few of the points made earlier.

The stalling potential of the trains is irrelevant. The HSE are concerned with the fact that the park failed to prevent a collision, that is their systems were unable to verify the suitability of the path ahead prior to the train's release.

Yeah even though the stalling potential will be irrelevant to the HSE. I think it's something that needs to be looked into by Merlin/Towers/Gerst while they also make whatever other changes they need to because of the crash. Even though stalled trains have been less frequent overtime it still can happen on that section, and the June accident shows that it's still a problem section. Like said above if a train stalled again in future it will really not look good and cause a lot of panic (as well as be plastered all over the media).

Reactions: Tom
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.