• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As I said before, why would they bother to do all this work and testing in full view of the public at this stage of the season if they had no intention of opening it soon?

If they were going to open it next season then surely they could do all this work over the closed season, hidden from view?

:)

Isnt there a tropical storm on the way into the UK by the weekend? So i'd be surprised if it opened prior to that arriving. Plus, I would expect signage to go up prior to opening. I think though it will be open in time for Scarefest.

I have a feeling all the signs will go up after it opens. if they go up the night before it opens then when people go to Oblivion the will know that something is about to happen and a crowd will appear.

Or they will just let the crowd appear and use it. Sign goes up. Varney rides. Varney gives statement. Queue opens. This thread goes insane with people saying it's open.

They'll have to go up beforehand as they will need the height restriction board and various other associated signage for guests to 'read'.

There are 2 more height restriction in the building (1 by baggage and 1 on the station platform).

Believe me, having a height sign outside an entrance is common sense as well as a god send. There are also other restrictions guests need to be made aware of before queueing, hence why signage is put outside the rides in the first place.This ride will not reopen without any relevant signage, and even then putting it back in place is far from a difficult task.

Regarding when it will open. It wouldn't surprise me of there is no specific date currently in mind. I'd assume there are meetings between senior managers on a daily basis as to when and how they will open it. They will want to open it at the perfect time, and they may not know when that time will be.

All this work and staff cleaning the areas could be to prepare for an imminent opening, although the green light may not be given this season depending on what Varney and Co are discussing. It's sort of a 'be ready to open it, but we cannot guarantee we will give clearance now'.

Mirror are at it again...
New footage emerges of Alton Towers' Smiler ride being tested with crash dummies.

They took their time with that story didn't they. They've had a good few weeks to write that!

I just got my 19 month old to use the potty .....

that is a far more pertinent headline then the crap the Mirror make up.

The media Sh$tstorm coming towers way will be awful, but ultimately the tabloids will get bored after a few days.

They'll have to wait until something more interesting to the media pops up, then open under the radar. XFactor is on at the moment right? Maybe one of the contestants is on some pretty hard drugs, the GP seem to care loads about that stuff!

It will last a week or less, then they will realise it is open, the GP will have accepted it, so there is no moee money to be milked from the smiler.

Not once have they focused on how positively merlin have dealt with this, and supported all those involved, even keeping the 2 people who they are saying are at fault, employed, albeit in different roles.

The tabloids don't have the guts to tell that side, or focus on anything like the new safety systems, or how the ride itself did not cause the crash, because they think riling the country up over something is how you make money. Objective truthful reporting is really a thing of the past, swapped out for shock, misleading headlines.

In short. Grow up Mirror, Daily Mail, All affiliated tabloids and Kay Burley.

Rant over.

It will last a week or less, then they will realise it is open, the GP will have accepted it, so there is no moee money to be milked from the smiler.

Not once have they focused on how positively merlin have dealt with this, and supported all those involved, even keeping the 2 people who they are saying are at fault, employed, albeit in different roles.

The tabloids don't have the guts to tell that side, or focus on anything like the new safety systems, or how the ride itself did not cause the crash, because they think riling the country up over something is how you make money. Objective truthful reporting is really a thing of the past, swapped out for shock, misleading headlines.

In short. Grow up Mirror, Daily Mail, All affiliated tabloids and Kay Burley.

Rant over.

Exactly! I was thinking the other day.... Why haven't they done a report that wasn't from the typical viewpoint. They would probably earn a little respect.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.