• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This happened on the same day as the smiler incident as well, did we hear anything about that? Not a word.

http://m.ashbournenewstelegraph.co....-Towers-died/story-26618998-detail/story.html

It could have been very briefly on the news, but I didn't hear about it anywhere other than @josht mentioning it here.

Anyway after reading this I think we should ban and destroy all existing cars because of how dangerous they clearly are. I'm about to take a sledgehammer to mine right now...

Oh absolutely, and I heard that someone nearly drowned in a swimming pool somewhere in the world. All swimming pools should be destroyed.

I see the petition to sack Kay Burley has reached over 35000 sigs and ofcom have over 1000 complaints and my consider investigating.... interesting

Once apon a time children this young slug worked as a lifeguard at my local baths in Yorkshire. I kid ye not, one day 3 older people came into said baths and said "I'm sorry about the death in your pool?"

Bit strange since the person who had drowned and died, actually died in a Scarborough baths. Mind you one of the ladies who asked did report us to the council for dumping toxic waste in her bins. Oh happy days.

Kay Burley will go nowhere, change.org never amounts to much. Ofcom will just bat the thing aside.

Oh absolutely, and I heard that someone nearly drowned in a swimming pool somewhere in the world. All swimming pools should be destroyed.

Yeah I heard someone died at work too so we should ban all professions too, and all modes of transport including walking, then the world will be a much safer place!

Today I was most viciously apprehended by a blood thirsty ravenous squirrel!
I thought my life was over.
Destroy all squirrels!
6C217F72-2813-4068-8A33-62FCBF439E5A_zpsa4mwzrzw.jpg

Got a free ticket to come back any day from the box office today (as an annual pass holder). I explained that I wasn't overly pleased that there were several of the main rides closed which in turn was leading to bigger queues on the rides that were open, then also added the point that single rider had been removed from Rita and Nemesis making the problem worse for myself. Mentioned that everyone else seemed to be compensated for these issues apart from annual pass holders and before I could even suggest adding a week or two onto my expiry date of my pass the nice lady just offered me a free ticket. Jobs a good 'un ;)

Got a free ticket to come back any day from the box office today (as an annual pass holder). I explained that I wasn't overly pleased that there were several of the main rides closed which in turn was leading to bigger queues on the rides that were open, then also added the point that single rider had been removed from Rita and Nemesis making the problem worse for myself. Mentioned that everyone else seemed to be compensated for these issues apart from annual pass holders and before I could even suggest adding a week or two onto my expiry date of my pass the nice lady just offered me a free ticket. Jobs a good 'un ;)

I just got handed a free ticket as I came through the MAP entrance this morning, then when I left was asked if I had received a free ticket in the morning. I gave a quizzical look and said no, so they gave me another :D

I just got handed a free ticket as I came through the MAP entrance this morning, then when I left was asked if I had received a free ticket in the morning. I gave a quizzical look and said no, so they gave me another :D

Ha ha sneaky. Wasn't going to bother visiting for the foreseeable future what with all the closures, but if they're handing out free tickets like they're going out of fashion I might reconsider :)

I wonder if they'll be doing that this weekend, when there'll no doubt me more people on park.

I'd guess that free tickets will continue until the likes of Oblivion and Spinball are re-opened. It was quite busy today so I expect that the queues could potentially be very lengthy over the weekend.

I'm afraid I can't watch that. I had to force myself through the Alton interview just for the few gems of knowledge from Nick Varney. I don't think I could stomach just listening to her. Listening is the key to good interviews and debates, and I can't stand those that don't.

Fortunately my girlfriend warned me the first time what to expect. She already knew all about her "interview" techniques.

A couple of years back a SKY installer van crashed causing life changing injuries to the other party. Lets ban SKY TV

Nothing will happen to Burley. She has done it before and she will do it again. But it's still nice to see such a large amount of people sign that petition, even if it is pretty meaningless.

They would be better off giving one free fast pass to MAP holders than a free ticket.

I have bought a MAP for our summer hols again this year (doing 3 days at AT, Legoland, Chessington, and all the Blackpool attractions), but I won't be back again anytime soon as I live in Aberdeen. So a free pass is no good to me at all.

I wouldn't envisage this free ticket thing going on too much longer anyway MM. As soon as they open X-Sector back up (without Smiler) and get Spinball going it should be normal business again. I don't think it will take them too long to do that at a complete guess. Not sure you'll be affected unless you're there in the next couple of weeks (which you may well be, I have no idea)?

Nothing will happen to Burley. She has done it before and she will do it again. But it's still nice to see such a large amount of people sign that petition, even if it is pretty meaningless.

Agreed, Sky certainly won't do anything because controversy is good for them. Given past events with April Jones, Peter Andre and now Leah Washington (demanding (at the time) private medical information live on air), Kay Burley can only be described as a sociopath.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.