• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Instead of a New Ride - Would they ever update/upgrade an old one?

Or have 2 taglines. 2 queues, over the queue for regular seats says "don't look down" and over backwards it says "don't look back"

At the risk of contradicting myself, falling backwards on Tower of Terror / Superman: The Escape wasn't that cool, but I think with all the added drama of the slow lift, the hole etc - it would be fun.

Turning Oblivion backwards would completely ruin the original concept and anticipation. Losing the element of being able to see that you're about to drop into a great big hole in the ground would destroy the whole purpose of the ride for what would be an unnecessary gimmick.

If there's any ride that needs to be updated/upgraded then it's Charlie/The Flume. Oblivion is fine as it is.

Actually, this exists I think. Enterprise 2g and 2gh. It has similar restraints to air so it wouldn't hurt.

So not really enterprise then!
--------
People take things way too serious!

It would be a fun change if one season they did this!

Oh no it ruins the whole don't look down!

Get over it!

Last edited by a moderator:
People take things way too serious!

It would be a fun change if one season they did this!

Oh no it ruins the whole don't look down!

Get over it!

It's not taking things too seriously. It would, in my opinion, just be a pointless gimmick to a ride that does not need a pointless gimmick! It would also cost more than it's worth with re-configuring the shuttles and of course figuring a way to get the ORP cameras to work. There are far more pressing issues at Alton Towers.

I am 99% sure it will never happen anyway.

:)

Reactions: Ted
Forget about making it backwards what would be a lot cooler would be to cross it with air and make it a flyer. Falling head first into the hole would be terrifying (I know it's not possible but it would certainly be cool)

If they wanted to throw the backwards gimmick on a ride, Oblivion would be the right ride to choose. Although there are better things they could be spending money on for now!

I think it would be nice if they upgraded the televisions in the queue for Oblivion with some bigger ones and make a new, better queue video. Maybe even add some lights in the tunnel like Oblivion The Black Hole

I think it would be nice if they upgraded the televisions in the queue for Oblivion with some bigger ones and make a new, better queue video. Maybe even add some lights in the tunnel like Oblivion The Black Hole
make it so you don't hear the dispatch video whilst you are in the lord of light video area (i think its that one, could be the psychological one). Ruins the effect abit

i think optional vr headsets (cant think where i got that idea ;)) for the rollercoasters would be good, especially RMT or 13

make it so you don't hear the dispatch video whilst you are in the lord of light video area (i think its that one, could be the psychological one). Ruins the effect abit

i think optional vr headsets (cant think where i got that idea ;)) for the rollercoasters would be good, especially RMT or 13
Th13teen with VR headsets sounds like an amazing idea! You could have it look like vines are growing over the track as you are going around

Th13teen with VR headsets sounds like an amazing idea! You could have it look like vines are growing over the track as you are going around
I think all the rides would be better with optional be headsets (oblivion like the advert, air without the car park, sonic looking like an actual sonic game...)

As long as they were optional, it would be really good.

To be honest a park on the size,scale and position should really be doing general small upgrades each season to improve the park and ride experiences.

As a leading themepark in Europe, these small changes at the park should be paramount regardless of it being a high or low investment season as small changes and upkeep make the difference between a good park and a great park to visit.

To be honest a park on the size,scale and position should really be doing general small upgrades each season to improve the park and ride experiences.

As a leading themepark in Europe, these small changes at the park should be paramount regardless of it being a high or low investment season as small changes and upkeep make the difference between a good park and a great park to visit.

Completely agree... Not be left to look disused. Everything should look good!