• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Just gimmie, gimmie, gimmie...

Aly

TS Member
... FRIED CHICKEN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG5UDW_M ... age#t=215s

New for 2012, the Fried Chicken Co. restaurant offers fantastic fried chicken coated in our unique recipe of herbs and spices. With a Family Bucket giving great value for groups, or a burger and wrap for grab 'n' go options, visit us in X Sector for fresh, crispy chicken. A great venue to bring the whole family! This amazingly Oblivion themed restaurant is not to be missed!

Cast you mind back a few years ago and we had both KFC & Pizza Hut Express trading in X-Sector! The more recently KFC became the sole food offering. Now we say 'bye bye' to the brand and now have Fried Chucken Co. on Oblivions door step, however, what do you think of this change?

Personally, I didn't like the idea of it after hearing about the awful reviews and service when it first opened. However I have now been there twice - and I must admit I actually enjoyed it better than KFC!

The service has been really good (actually a bit too many staff at times!) However the food was really good and tasty, and the chicken was actually rather nice aswell! Which says somthing when I say that as normally I'm really fussy when it comes to chicken!

Been there once and thought it was awesome, certainly my choice of where to eat at the park. :) Huge improvement on KFC.

Can't beat a Queen reference.

Not eaten there, not because I'm actively avoiding it - but we never seem to be in X Sector at lunch time.

It is very good! Well priced and very tasty! Used a Facebook BOGOF voucher there a couple of weeks back which made it a bargain! Also, I like how the tills are either "SW7 Zone" "Oblivion Zone" or "X Sector Zone" :)

I love it, sort of Oblivion themeing meets 50's American diner, it's got a certain charm about it. When I went the service was a tad slow but it was in the 2012 February half term so they were probably still getting the hang of it(and I don't think the full menu was available). The food was good quality and reasonably priced. Also, even though it is quite different to the actual Oblivion restraints, the Oblivion restraint on the wall is a nice touch :D

It's great, nicer food than KFC and the stench of greasy chicken is no longer so noticeable at the top of Oblivion ;)

In the interest of having a decent scope of feedback, I can say that I was rather unimpressed with my meal from the new chicken place. I thought that the 'southern flavouring' was not as good as KFC's and I also didn't like the quality or heat of the chicken as much as the former establishment. It was about a month or so ago when I ate there though so things may have changed......or I'm just incredibly fussy (I am actually).

For me I actually prefer it to KFC. I kinda like the coating more as KFC's tends to be coated in grease and not all that crispy really.

My only gripe would be the bean and gravy - far too plain! Other than that though, it's become my preferred place after cantina went downhill somewhat this year.