• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lack of Alton Towers Merchandise

Lack of Alton Towers Merchandise

QQ: how often have TST members gone past the clothes in Towers Trading shouting 'BENCHHHHH!' ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Re: Lack of Alton Towers Merchandise

mrbrightside said:
QQ: how often have TST members gone past the clothes in Towers Trading shouting 'BENCHHHHH!' ?

You have no idea how tempting it is to do that at Fireworks this weekend. :p

Jonathan said:
mrbrightside said:

Why???

Noonie99 said:
Jonathan said:
mrbrightside said:

Why???

This is one of those terrible forum "memes" that crop up. Basically lots of people on here are also fans of a very good theme park in Germany called Europa Park. In this park is a small dark ride with a long complex Russian name. The ride cars look like benches so its been nick named BENCH and people shout BENCH as they ride it to the point that when we go the ride operator joins in.

Sorry but these memes do crop up

I'm going to continue to defend the merch at Towers. Stock levels may be down at the moment (I've not noticed myself but will be sure to check it out tomorrow) but that is understandable at the end of the season. They don't want to order in a load of stuff that they may not be selling next season to find it never sells, it just makes no business sense.

I love my theme park merch, I have several large displays of merch in my room. The Towers/Merlin merch is better than so many other parks. The mugs that they sell are better than any other theme park mugs anywhere I have ever been to; the only mug I own that rivals these is a very old hand made Loch Ness Monster mug from BGW. There are always lots of different bears to buy, a wide range of different and interesting key ring and magnets, snow globes for the resort, Nemesis and Thirteen, lots of picture frames, the large and mini ride statues, shot glasses, stationary, and lots of other little novelty gifts. Then you have a good range of t-shirts and hoodies etc. The vast majority of all of this is very good quality. I've always thought that Merlin parks do fantastic merch, and I still stand buy this. If you visit some parks in Europe and even some in the States you will appreciate how good and wide ranging the merch at Towers is.

:)

Rob, I do agree that Alton Towers produce some fabulous and well made items. I too have bought mugs etc years ago and they are without a doubt very good. My main issue was that when we were about to leave and get the children specific t-shirts we wandered all through that shop and couldn't find any?? then we had to travel all the way back over to the dark forest, which was in itself also very lacking in merch. They only had ladies t-shirts etc. I still say that they can use other shops within towers street to house things such as Bench, and Moshi monsters or whatever the sponsor may be and leave that shop for us big fans to scoop up all the actual "Alton Towers" things. Its not like you can go online and get "all" of the bits either? maybe a select few but its still not the same as going there and bringing back a memory, especially as a present to someone else. I cant see my children being happy that we travelled 200 miles to buy them a moshi monster, when we could have got that from out local tescos, they would want something with Alton Towers relevance thats all I'm saying, it just seems to be overrun with everything else. One a total plus note (because i'm not a total negative person!! lol) I loved the SW7 merch! I wanted a hoody, but sadly they had run out lol..??
And thanks Dave for the "Bench" explanation..