• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Layout Geek League, 2015-16

I actually looked at that coaster yesterday but as the photo was at a funny angle I dismissed it, damn! Anyway, I'll get a new one up later on this evening.

EDIT: Apologies, been otherwise engaged this evening however I will be sure to have one up by this time tomorrow!

:)

Last edited:
Sorry for the slight delay! Next up:

Layout-2_zpsn793al7m.jpg

I am aware that Saturday and the end of the game is drawing closer, and there have been no guesses so far so here is another clue!

The ride vehicles on this coaster seat only 2 people.

With two days to go, Sammy steals the lead!

Leaderboard:
Sammy: 63 points.
Rupert: 60 points.
DiogoJ42: 26 points.
Blizzard: 12 points.
Rob: 11 points.
CGM: 10 points.
Martin: 9 points.
John: 5 points.
tayspru: 5 points.
Projektion: 5 points.
RussellH: 2 points

I have decided that as it is so close, (@Rupert could still snatch this from under @Sammy's nose) that the contest will remain open until 10am tomorrow, when the park opens! Any posts made after this time will not be counted.
@Sammy, you can give one final clue, since no one has it yet.

Fair enough. Let's see if anybody can get it, this coaster is located in...

Last edited:
ALL LINES ARE NOW CLOSED!
(Do not post now or you may be charged).

Well well well... It's safe to say this has been the most successful game yet, with more layouts played than ever before. A surprising playlist this year, with some new supergeeks emerging to challenge the old masters. We've also clarified the rules a bit through trial and error, which should make things easier in years to come.

The biggest surprise of all was the frankly shocking performance of the former king of geeks, @John, who made only a token effort on one round. Frankly, sir, you disapoint me. I expected more from you.

It's been a close race for the last few weeks, with two players constantly overtaking each other, to end up with more than double the points of the person in third place.
Since I only posted the leaderboard the other day, there is no point in delaying the announcement any further to try and build suspense. After all, There is a clear winner here. So without further ado, the winner of The Layout Geek League 2015/16 is......

@Sammy!

With @Rupert coming in a very close second!

You will both be sent a @Kelpie Custom (tm) banner to add to your sig, just as soon as she's uploaded them.

Final Scores:
Sammy: 63 points.
Rupert: 60 points.
DiogoJ42: 26 points.
Blizzard: 12 points.
Rob: 11 points.
CGM: 10 points.
Martin: 9 points.
John: 5 points.
tayspru: 5 points.
Projektion: 5 points.
RussellH: 2 points

To put this in perspective, Sammy and Rupert between them have racked up 123 points, while every other player (myself included) working as a team would have scored only 85 points.

*Cocks head to the side*
But hark! What is that I hear outside‽ Why, I do believe it's the symphony of screams, with - yes!- Even a hint of that sensual B&M roar in the distance, that signifies our self imposed annual hibernation is once more drawing to a close! Lo! What delights await us as we walk once again through the Valley of Forbiddeness?...