• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Not sure you can really do much in the Windsor area on £9.50 an hour max?!

Was always under the impression the American parks got a lot of older workers as they worked for the health care benefits essentially?

Yup they need employment to get any form of medical treatment.

Once Farage has sold the NHS to trump I’m sure the same will happen here too.

Dump is probably a bit extreme... But so is calling it the prettiest. It is dirty, run down and hard to be considered pretty when there are guests everywhere trying to find a ride which is actually open.

I take it you haven't been to Paultons then?

LEGOLAND Windsor is a dump.
Dump is probably a bit extreme... But so is calling it the prettiest. It is dirty, run down and hard to be considered pretty when there are guests everywhere trying to find a ride which is actually open.
I would strongly, strongly argue against dirty - no Merlin park works harder at keeping their park clean. Run down... possibly, but less so than the past.

Nope, sorry. Your experience is certainly different to my last two visits this season. I can honestly use the word dirty... But it might simply be an 'off day'. I will concede that.

120 minutes for SQUID Surfer?! Bloody hell queue must be back to the entrance and beyond, unless they've only got enough staff for 1 turntable perhaps?

It's an absolute shambles. The brand is dragging people in but Merlin will be driving them away. We won't be returning. I'd rather pay a bit more and go abroad to a well ran park.

Also......if they have staffing issues then why don't they focus on getting the bigger and better throughput rides open and leave the smallish ones closed? Obviously that's not a great solution either but better than leaving big attractions constantly shut surely?

Wonder if Lego are taking note. Probably not as people are still visiting and spending money in the shops. However it's a terrible terrible service they are offering. Worst I have encountered in my 34 years

Squid surfer was running 1 side for Easter holidays so I'm not at all surprised if it's still on 1 side in off peak season.

Squid surfer was running 1 side for Easter holidays so I'm not at all surprised if it's still on 1 side in off peak season.
Least it was open, was closed all day when I visited.

Reading Legoland tripadvisor reviews is my favourite thing at the moment. At the end of last week they were getting pretty much only 1 and 2 star reviews.

I do wonder how this will affect them long term, if you have a bad day I’m sure you won’t be returning, and you’ll probably be telling all of your friends not to bother.

Plus with so many food outlets and shops closed, they’ll be loosing money from those who are on park.

Plus to charge £60 each when there are endless rides closed all days is a joke.

Lego are more likely interested in cleaning house than what Merlin are doing, I know they recovered financially last year from the 2017 losses but they are (possibly) still way down on 2016.

Me and a friend were at Legoland yesterday, it was quite a shock when the girl at entrance said there would be 10 attractions closed all day;

• The Hill Train
  • Raft Racers
  • Legoland Express
  • Desert Chase
  • Laser Raiders
  • Skyrider
  • Drench Towers
  • Scarab Bouncers
  • Mia's Riding Adventure
  • Knights Quest
Luckily some did open throughout the day (Knights Quest, Raft Racers, The Hill Train) but the majority stayed closed.

The Haunted House was also having many problems throughout the day, we attempted it in the morning, sat on the ride and the restraints wouldn't lower so we had to wait in the pre show for 15 mins. Then we got back on the ride and managed half a cycle before the gondola shook violently and the ride stopped "upside down" and we sat there for 20 mins while it re-sent. We were given priority passes but it was closed for most of the afternoon although we did eventually get on it later in the day.

Jesus, you had me at Hill Train......I would of turned around and headed straight back to my car.

Not that this solves any of the 1000s of problem's they have but could they not just run Ninjago in 2D to temporarily solve this glasses shortage?
You assume there is a 2D version of the ride. Unlike Disney such a system might not be programmed in. Or if it is the attractions staff wernt aware it was an option.