• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

One of two new attractions for this year at Legoland Windsor, details have been announced for Mythica's new Magical Forest (not to be confused with The Enchanted Forest, which is still at the other end of the park).

More info on Blooloop: https://blooloop.com/theme-park/news/legoland-windsor-magical-forest-attraction/
I like the sound of that, hope it's actually good. Taking my parents in June for a nostalgia trip and my mum doesn't really do rides so she might enjoy that

Just spent 2 days in Legoland; yesterday was fairly quiet but today was much busier. Not been to this park for many years but my family and I all had a great time. Got on most things that we wanted to. The biggest highlight was only queuing 10 mins for Sky Lion which is a miracle in my eyes as it’s pretty much always had 45min-1hour+ queues across both days, it must have closed down for a period and we happened to be in the right place at the right time to get in the queue whilst it was still short after reopening.

Most annoying part was how slow a lot of the operations seemed to be across many rides. Also how people can’t seem to behave themselves on rides, which then affects the experience of everyone else on the ride or in the queue line. Pirate Falls was stopped for about 20 minutes whilst we were in the queue due to a ‘guest action’ which was annoying given how slow that queue is anyway (the queue surrounding a small play structure is a nice touch to stop kids getting too bored). I lost count of how many times I heard people being told to put their phones away over the tannoy system from various rides, including once on Sky Lion whilst we were on it, which ruined the immersion a bit. Why you’d want to be messing around with your phone instead of enjoying the experience you’ve queued for I do not know. Very strange people.

Mini land looks like it needs a jet wash, most of the models looked a bit grubby. Still impressive to look at though and thoroughly enjoyed walking through it all. Didn’t go in the brick as to be honest, we have Lego at home and felt like we had other things we’d rather be doing during our time there. Gift shop by the entrance had a huge queue just before 5pm, so didn’t bother going in there at the end of today. I knew we should have gone to the shop by the lake before heading to the exit, wanted to buy a magnet for my collection but oh well, we might return again at some point this year but probably just for the day.

My kids are just about young enough to still enjoy LL, so may as well make the most of it whilst we still can! Although I have a feeling they will absolutely love Chessington when we go there in May.

Last edited:
So we were at Legoland yesterday and Monster party opened in 2019, the state of the exterior is dire already with themed plywood just falling apart on the fascade.

Out of all the Merlin car parks LEGOLAND is one of the most unorganised I’ve found. You arrive in the morning and you won’t see any staff members at all. No one to direct you or anything. Which does lead to people parking all over the place. It’s even worse if you arrive later as you’ll have no clue where to park as you drive around various car parks.

Then the barriers are often left open until later in the day, so I imagine it’s very easy to pop in and out.

Compared to towers where there will always be staff around, the same with Thorpe.

It’s one attraction I wish they would have kept running, but it’s also the most likely spot for the parks next large investment, with markings around the bottom half of the imagination area indicating as such.

Skyrider isn’t looking like it will last either, although I’m hoping if we do get a coaster here it could go around the sky rider somewhat.