• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liking Th13teen

Outdoor section is great,
Fair enough, 'tis your opinion, but...
feels like something you could build in your backyard and ride on a modified skateboard.
Surely if it feels like you could build something similar in your backyard to ride on with a common item as a skateboard, for a £15m roller coaster, set to be highly thrilling, it's not that great a layout!

Has it been running faster over scarefest? Seemed it on sunday
I thought this on Saturday. Best it's been since it opened, before they started messing with the trims.

But yeah, night warps perception and it was over a year since I rode it last so that might have something to do with it too.

Surely if it feels like you could build something similar in your backyard to ride on with a common item as a skateboard, for a £15m roller coaster, set to be highly thrilling, it's not that great a layout!

That's the funny thing, there are some very expensive rides out there that are almost clinical in their execution, and thus don't excite. I think it's the smaller track gauge and lighter carriages that give it a character that I really like.

I suppose it's like trains, I much prefer miniature and narrow-gauge railways to standard gauge, just far more charm and toy-like magic.

I'd love a go on Blue Flash

Last edited:
I really love that first drop and the profiling is pretty great! The indoor section is great if you're with people who don't know what's happening. When I was on it the other day the lady behind me, upon entering the indoor area, said "Is that it?" Then it happened and she was screaming throughout the whole reverse section.

I wish there was audio upon the build up to the lift hill (could've been with in car speakers and the girl counting up to thirteen as you make your way up) and it needs something to happen at the moment before the 2nd launch back into the station.

All in all - it's a great ride and one I will always ride when going to the park.

When I was on it the other day the lady behind me, upon entering the indoor area, said "Is that it?"
I was on it th other day with someone who thought it had had a power cut when all the lights went down just before the drop. She thought we would have to evacuate!

Has it been running faster over scarefest? Seemed it on sunday

I've ridden it kids over the past few days and granted I was in 8,9,10. But it was fast! Was amazing.

Th13teen is one of my favourite rides at Alton Towers past and present. It's always higher than I remember, faster than I remember and it just makes everyone buzz so much. It is exactly what the peak needs. I'd be so happy with more rides like this.

I wish there was audio upon the build up to the lift hill (could've been with in car speakers and the girl counting up to thirteen as you make your way up) and it needs something to happen at the moment before the 2nd launch back into the station.

Someone I visited with yesterday suggested explosions, so it felt like the ride was exploding/falling apart and you were just missing being caught

Someone I visited with yesterday suggested explosions, so it felt like the ride was exploding/falling apart and you were just missing being caught
Someone who I visited with last week thought the noise of the lift hill was a sound affect (she thought it was "humming" wraiths)

Anybody want this crappy t-shirt? It's size medium, barely worn and rubbish quality.

JBZNLLL.jpg

Just pay me the postage if you want it, PM me. :)