• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lodgepine Lake Resort - Pyro Test & Lag? (17 April)

JAMMY_Jaunts

TS Member
As some of you may know, I've been working on my Elmwood Lake Adventure Park in separate areas, and also my JD Coaster creations as individual concepts. However, over the past few months, I've realised these projects were not what I had in mind and they simply have not turned out how I liked. My aim had always to be to provide a themed, immersive experience for the user in the form of a full, downloadable park. A long while ago I had a park in RCT3 that was very thematic and pleasant, of which was my aim to bring that park into NoLimits 2. Therefore, I'm following my original passion and scrapping Elmwood Lake as it was impractical, and also JD Coasters as that is not what I'm aiming for.

Therefore I present to you, my new, long term project, featuring some of the rides I've showcased before on here and YouTube, such as Bombardier, HE11ION, and the runaway train. Welcome to Lodgepine Lake Resort. Obviously this is going to take a long while to make, so release will be a long way off (although I may release the park as revisions). Also, as some as you may know, I personally love pyromusicals and thematic shows, therefore, with inspiration from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, I will also be including a lake side display that I hope you'll enjoy.

Anyway, enough chatting, here are some pics. Thanks for your interest and here's to the future of this massive project. :)

JAMMY

8fRe8Qn.jpg

xrUMoel.jpg

LUXTCqW.jpg

tJOqKZC.jpg

6X1XHmh.jpg

@BigDave : Thanks a bunch and I agree. Although without the awesome custom content of the likes of nSeven, it would look half as beautiful. :)

Hey everyone, sooooo, for the past few days, when not distracted by Cities Skylines or GTA V, I've been trying out different paths around the lake and have gotten a design I'm happy with. However, I'm currently at a loss. The lag is starting to set in however, it's not the model, as I've deleted this is one park and the fps is no different, I've tried many different solutions but can't seem to find the culprit leading me to believe it may be the environment, terrain or lake water. Any ideas from those more knowledgeable about these things?

I've also been working on a 'possible' pyrotechnic, fountain and light show, with thanks to help from Phyter, set around the lake, which may or may not be in the final thing, depending on performance and how well it goes. There's a quick test video below.

Anyway, some pictures. :)

pEqPl6z.jpg

iEucVGc.jpg

doa3NJ9.jpg

HgGILpI.jpg

As always, thanks for the feedback and support. Until the next update. Big things are in store and I'll be able to show you the different areas hopefully. Oh and yeah... any advice on the lag situation is appreciated. :)