• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Looping Group 'to buy 4 more UK theme parks'

It's probably just easier for the park logistically to prevent trouble from teenagers. I would also imagine it helps keep families reassured. I'm sure you're a really decent bloke that literally wants to ride a small rollercoaster. The Park are unable to make this distinction however, so the blanket ban must happen.

A shame really because I have such good memories of the Gulliver's parks. Although maybe that's the thing, they should remain memories.

I don't believe any of the parks people have mentioned above have owners that would sell. I really can't imagine which parks they are hoping for. They don't strike me as having funds available to enable cannot-say-no offers.

Lightwater is easily the most obvious one, but I also believe North Shield's Wet and Wild fits their bill perfectly. Would also suspect Twinlakes and Wheelgate. The pattern seems to be parks with potential, but either funding issues, or historic underachievement.

The likes of Drayton and Flamingoland are both becoming cash cows, so are unlikely to be available at reasonable prices.

Throwing this out there as two oddballs: M&D's and Blackgang Chine.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
Throwing this out there as two oddballs: M&D's and Blackgang Chine.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Blackgang Chine?! No chance, they can't make a profit on an investment in the Isle of Wight. Too inaccessible.

Surely Camelot and Loudoun Castle are possibilities? I know both supposedly have plans, but they're not going anywhere fast...

I really wish this company were around when the American Adventure was still going. Grevin et Cie (who this lot appear to be spun off from) considered it before going with Pleasurewood.

WillPS said:
Surely Camelot and Loudoun Castle are possibilities? I know both supposedly have plans, but they're not going anywhere fast...

Not sure about Loudoun Castle, but most of Camelot's rides have already been sold. There really isn't anything there to work with anymore.

AshleeKel said:
WillPS said:

Not sure about Loudoun Castle, but most of Camelot's rides have already been sold. There really isn't anything there to work with anymore.
The infrastructure cost will be the main one when setting up any park. That's there, ready for rides, at both.

I now REALLY want to ride Hob's Pit and see what Looping Group is all about. I like that they're interested in the UK, but the only parks that they could afford aren't ones that interest me a great deal... Nonetheless, I'd like to see if they can make them interesting. Parks such as M&Ds could really benefit from some intensive leadership. :)