• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mack Rides Launch Coaster or Intamin Blitz Coaster?

Mack Rides Launch Coaster or Intamin Blitz Coaster?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. The multi-launch coaster is becoming an increasingly popular genre of roller coaster, and two of the main players in this market are Mack Rides and Intamin. Mack Rides’ Launch Coaster and Intamin’s Blitz Coaster are two models that are frequently compared to one another; they have many similarities, but they also have many differences. So I’d be keen to know; do you prefer Mack Rides’ Launch Coaster or Intamin’s Blitz Coaster?

I probably don’t come from the fairest position, seeing as I’ve done 3 Mack launch coasters (Icon, Blue Fire and Slinky Dog Dash) and only 1 Intamin Blitz Coaster (Cheetah Hunt), but of the rides I’ve done from both models, I have to say that I’d vote for the Mack Rides Launch Coaster. All 3 of the ones I’ve done have had such a great sense of fun about them, and are beautifully smooth and comfortable experiences!

But which of these two models do you prefer?

I haven’t ridden many myself either, only 2 Mack standard launches (Icon and Star Trek: Operation Entreprise) and 1 Intamin (Taron), but out of the 3 Taron blows the other two out of the water.

But if we are including the Mack extreme spinning coasters as Ride to Happiness is a multi launch then it becomes a tough decision.

Still voted for Intamin as I probably preferred Taron ever so slightly more than RTH.

Although I've not ridden either sort of ride I'd say that the Mack is the most versatile, although having weak launches while the Intamin's are the most perfected. But obviously this depends on each individual coaster and personal opinion. Looking at it objectively I'd say they are evenly matched, however as I haven't ridden either sort I won't vote.

Intamin Blitz, both Maverick and Taron are fantastic. Need to ride Taiga.

I've enjoyed all the Mack ones I've done, Icon, Blue Fire, Helix, and Star Trek Operation Enterprise. But the only standout for me is Helix. Dunno if that's just lightning in a bottle were everything clicked or what.