• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Madame Tussauds Blackpool

It was quite a big area, split into two each side of a dividing lobby at the bottom of the stairs.
Open, so ideal for storage.
Probably got loads of ex celebs down there, Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter etc.

It was quite a big area, split into two each side of a dividing lobby at the bottom of the stairs.
Open, so ideal for storage.
Probably got loads of ex celebs down there, Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter etc.
Pretty sure the Jeremy Kyle waxwork must also be down there!

Surprised they removed it if it’s all still sat there doing nothing, did that get closed when it got taken over by Merlin?

Didn't want competition for the dungeons I suppose.
The anatomy section was more scary though.
Basement took about an hour alone.

I forgot to mention on here. I went to Madame Tussauds the other week and there does appear to be a lot of construction going off on the ground floor, presumably for this new attraction.

The first scene is half empty at the moment and whereas the escalator used to be in the middle of an atrium it's now up against a wall.

Saying this there is no mention anywhere of a new attraction but it looks like the entrance will be to the left of Madame Tussauds and use the other half of the previous atrium and then the lower ground floor.

Loads of unused space downstairs.
The only missing link in the Blackpoo Merlin chain is Lego.
Calling it now.

Loads of unused space downstairs.
The only missing link in the Blackpoo Merlin chain is Lego.
Calling it now.
I think the space is too small for a Discovery Centre, I'm sure I've read somewhere it's going to be based on a children's TV IP. It'll be somewhere along the lines of Shrek's Adventure in London I presume.

I think the space is too small for a Discovery Centre, I'm sure I've read somewhere it's going to be based on a children's TV IP. It'll be somewhere along the lines of Shrek's Adventure in London I presume.
Yep TV show IP for pre-school kids.

As with everything in Blackpool the council are paying for it and then clawing it back from profits.

Quite amusing ... this is their 'go to' prank every time a leader resigns/is booted. Julia Gillard got the same treatment in Aus.

Tussauds_Julia_Gillard.jpg

Last edited: