• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Marmite; love it or hate it?

Marmite; love it or hate it?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As you might know, I love a good poll! And today, I thought to myself; what better poll to do than a poll on Marmite, arguably the king of polarising things? Even the makers of Marmite themselves have previously referenced this split in opinion in their previous marketing campaigns, and from what I’ve noticed, the vast majority of people seem to have an opinion of Marmite that is either on the starkly positive end of the spectrum or the starkly negative end of the spectrum!

For those of you that don’t know, Marmite is “a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, salty, powerful flavour” (pulled from Wikipedia). I’m not sure if it’s made outside of the UK, but it’s certainly very prominent and well-known here in Britain!

As for my personal opinion; I’m afraid I fall firmly into the hate it camp. I’ve tried it numerous times, and it’s just too sharp and savoury for me to like it, personally.

But what are your thoughts? Are you a love it person or a hate it person, or are you somewhere in between?

Hi guys. As you might know, I love a good poll! And today, I thought to myself; what better poll to do than a poll on Marmite, arguably the king of polarising things? Even the makers of Marmite themselves have previously referenced this split in opinion in their previous marketing campaigns, and from what I’ve noticed, the vast majority of people seem to have an opinion of Marmite that is either on the starkly positive end of the spectrum or the starkly negative end of the spectrum!

For those of you that don’t know, Marmite is “a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, salty, powerful flavour” (pulled from Wikipedia). I’m not sure if it’s made outside of the UK, but it’s certainly very prominent and well-known here in Britain!

As for my personal opinion; I’m afraid I fall firmly into the hate it camp. I’ve tried it numerous times, and it’s just too sharp and savoury for me to like it, personally.

But what are your thoughts? Are you a love it person or a hate it person, or are you somewhere in between?
I have it all the time, although it has to be spread thinly. Cheese and Marmite sandwich anyone? :p

The polarising nature of Marmite is very much being proven in the poll results; we’ve got 4 for love it and 4 for hate it!

My person opinion is I love it however it does not go well on bread unless it is toasted.

I have strong opinions on many things, but I quite like that I'm largely indifferent to Marmite and rarely bother with it as a result. When I do have it though I agree with this; I'll eat Marmite sandwiches, albeit without any enthusiasm, but a nice thin layer on generously buttered toast from time to time can be pretty good.