• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Matt N’s 18th Birthday Trip 29th/30th July 2021 (LEGOLAND Windsor/Paultons Park)

Sorry to hear that you found Cyclonater bad. I hate Vortex at Thorpe, it always made me feel queasy, but Maelstrom at Drayton is better. Both give high G though, nothing gives the nice weightless feeling of Rush.
I've looked up a pic of Cyclonater and it looks similar to Maelstrom so its probably not too sickening, but yes if you were expecting Rush I can see why you were disappointed.

Sorry to hear that you found Cyclonater bad. I hate Vortex at Thorpe, it always made me feel queasy, but Maelstrom at Drayton is better. Both give high G though, nothing gives the nice weightless feeling of Rush.
I've looked up a pic of Cyclonater and it looks similar to Maelstrom so its probably not too sickening, but yes if you were expecting Rush I can see why you were disappointed.
I’ve been told that apparently the larger Discoveries are less forceful/spinny and more floaty than Cyclonator, so maybe I just need to get on a larger Discovery or an Intamin Gyroswing or something?

I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping for a nice bit of sustained floater at the top of each swing like you get on Rush, to complement the great sense of speed you get at the bottom, but Cyclonator didn’t really give that floatiness for me; it was just non-stop intensity & spinning. Rush is one of my favourite flat rides (I absolutely love it, and really think I should ride it more!), and doesn’t make me nauseous in the slightest, whereas I’m not sure I was overly keen on Cyclonator, personally. I really wanted to love it, but I didn’t fall in love like everyone else seemingly has.

I wouldn’t say Cyclonator is the most nauseating flat ride experience I’ve had by any means (certainly not as bad as Air Race at Drayton Manor, where I literally thought I was going to vomit stepping off), but I was certainly spinning round it thinking “Ooh dear, this is making me feel a bit strange” as opposed to “Wow, this is fun!”. It’s also not the most comfortable of things to sit in, as the restraints are quite tight.

Surprisingly, I actually found Storm Chaser in the same area great fun, and a very tolerable level of spinning (SC was my favourite ride at Paultons, and I rode it 3 times!), but Cyclonator was a little much for me, personally.

You may feel differently about it, however!

Rush is one of my favourite flat rides (I absolutely love it, and really think I should ride it more!),

Rush is also my favourite flat ride, the feeling of weightlessness at the top is awesome.

Air Race at Drayton Manor, where I literally thought I was going to vomit stepping off), but I was certainly spinning round it thinking “Ooh dear, this is making me feel a bit strange” as opposed to “Wow, this is fun!”.

I recently did Sky Force at Blackpool for the first time expecting to hate it for that reason. But I loved the challenge of trying to make it spin even though I only went upside down twice.