• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Media & Photos

Dave said:
We won't be paying for recording POV's, we are not exactly made of money so that idea has never been considered. I'm talking about if the opportunity magically fell out of the sky into our laps.

If it could be arranged, I would be more than willing to work with the team and provide my camera gear, expertise and support. PM me if you want to talk about it more.

As for other media, I agree that some of the photos could be better. Is audio an option?

Could an agreement with a site like CoasterForce be considered? They have some nice videos on their youtube for most rides.

Just a little cross site advertising? Their videos get embedded on the ride's pages with credit and a link?

I don't think audio will happen, I remember on TTF when loads of ride and park audio got uploaded Merlin got involved and threated legal action if it wasnt removed. So unless Merlin have changed their tune in the last few years I can't see that happening!

We do have loads of ride, park, area, etc photos, but the problem at the moment is on the ride pages it only shows a few random ones, often repeated. However on other areas of the site (such as hotels, waterpark, etc), you will notice the gallery is different and all photos are displayed. Hopefully that is something Joel and the technical people can sort out!

I was just wondering if these could be added to TST's gallery it's TST first mini meet on 17.6.12
P1040697.jpg

P1040698.jpg

While we are on about photos. I find that some photos are epically large and that the next and previous tabs are miles apart meaning loads of scrolling left and right to find them.

BigDave said:
While we are on about photos. I find that some photos are epically large and that the next and previous tabs are miles apart meaning loads of scrolling left and right to find them.

Is this for the meetup ones Dave? Some of the group shots haven't been resized because people want the full size versions. If you can chuck me a link so I know which ones you're talking about though :).

Dave said:

Sharing other sites videos are an option but obviously to do so its courteous to get permission. It's a thought though.

I think you can embed videos as long as it still link to the YouTube channel. If you like you can embed any of videos made by myself during the last few seasons. There is a few pov's as well as off ride videos of AT rides and other merlin parks. Everything in quite good quality. www.youtube.com/mrthemeparktester

So, feel free if you like to share and/or publish any videos from my YouTube channel.