• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin 2015?

If all we see next year at Towers is a CBeebies coaster I won't be concerned. Ideally I would like to see some kind of thrill or family thrill addition like a flat too but it's not essential.

What is most interesting is that it points to 2016 being a huge year for Thorpe, Alton and hell maybe even Chessie. Which would be odd considering the staggered investments in the past.

Towers should and are getting a small investment next year. We have been very lucky these last three years with medium to large ride investements (Sub-Terra, The Smiler, CBeebies). They are certainly due a quieter year on park.

As for 2016, I see that being a medium year again for Towers with the next large investment coming in 2017. I believe Merlin have shifted from three to four year investment cycles.

If Alton Towers had continued to build in the way it did through the 80s and 90s we should have a park that is at least on par with Europa Park quality wise by now.

I can't agree with that at all! Alton Towers fares pretty well against Europa as it is in terms of coasters. But it would take a hell of a lot more than investment in building up the park to bring them anywhere close to the quality Europa are at right now. At Europa it is not just constant investment in rides, areas and infrastructure but they way they go about it all and all of the much smaller things they do that no other theme park I know of does. They are unique!

:)

I'm pretty sure that Total Thorpe Park hasn't been updated for a long time cause it says 2015 - new coaster which we know has been pushed back.

Ah - sorry about that!

The "Future" section on Total Thorpe Park has now been updated, along with all the details on the planned 2016 dark ride, here.