• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Premium Annual Pass - Birthday Vouchers

markfranklin

TS Member
This weekend, my wife, daughter and I all renewed our MAPs and this time we all went for the Premium passes. We were given a special rewards 'pack' which contained a number of vouchers, including some £5 off Fasttrack coupons.

There are three 'Birthday Club' vouchers provided per person, which allow you to take a guest to a park for £10. The terms however are that the visit must be within 7 days (before or after) the passholder's Birthday.

The trouble for us is that my wife and daughter have their birthdays during the parks closed seasons, so we would be unable to use them.

Has anyone else noticed this - or does anyone know if Merlin would be flexible enough to allow a visit at a different time?

I have seen two different responses to this, at the beginning of the year they did say to some that they can use the vouchers in the first week of the season. But I have also seen it said that as Sea Life, Dungeons, Madame Tussauds are open all year you can just use them there instead of the parks.

Probably best to email the annual pass team and ask.

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/contact.aspx

This page has the contact lines Facebook page, help and information email. Try these, they sorted out my problem of having a birthday two weeks before February half term and managed to sort It out so I could bring my friend.

markfranklin said:
Great - thank you both - I will contact them and see what they say. I'll report back with the outcome so others can be aware.

I went to AT with @jackandylan123 in April, and he said that even though his birthday was in February, Merlin let them use the birthday passes in April, however I think this was due to the 'premium' pack not arriving for a while after.

No idea why they don't just let you use them when you want.

Hardly makes a difference does it?

TheMan said:

Good point! It's not as if it would make Merlin lose money (although that's what they seem to want atm), and in fact, it would probably get them more money, as if people forget about their birthday vouchers etc.

Anyway, can you use birthday vouchers during scarefest? My birthday falls at the beginning of November and I want to go with people on the Nov 2nd, so are there any T&Cs?

Tom.B said:
TheMan said:

Good point! It's not as if it would make Merlin lose money (although that's what they seem to want atm), and in fact, it would probably get them more money, as if people forget about their birthday vouchers etc.

Anyway, can you use birthday vouchers during scarefest? My birthday falls at the beginning of November and I want to go with people on the Nov 2nd, so are there any T&Cs?

Simple things like getting time off work etc. It would make no difference, just call them a birthday present from Merlin and let them be used whenever.

Response from Merlin today:

"Good Afternoon,

As you have missed the use of your Birthday Club Vouchers this is no problem and we would be more than happy to extend your Birthday Club Vouchers and when you decide what attraction and day you wish to attend if you email us at least 10 days prior to this we can write you a letter of authorisation that will then allow you to gain entry into that attraction with no problems when showing it upon arrival.

Kind Regards
Merlin Annual Pass Team"

^Oh that's good of them! If they're doing this, then they might as well save themselves some hassle, and as @TheMan said, let us use them whenever we want!

Yes, I agree too.

I guess the theory behind creating these restrictions is to spread the additional visitors to their attractions throughout the year, and avoid a massive spike in July & August in theme parks.