• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mindbender at Galaxyland has officially closed.

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Is Wastelands Penitentiary (Tulleys Shocktober Fest) a ride? If not, my favourite ride is Nemesis.
Sad news, as it was such an iconic Schwarzkopf attraction. Unfortunately, I never experienced it. There is a chance that it could be relocated though.

Gutting to say the least :( I know the place is being transformed into a Hasbro park so I guess it didn't fit it with their plans. Hopefully it gets a new home and and at least I ain't gotta go to Edmonton now

It looks very similar to olympia looping in terms of pictures …. Would someone adapt it and travel it ?
I mean, you could but I doubt anyone ever would. It's probably the same height as Olympia and half again. Significant bit of kit, built without a base frame, which you would need. Not to mention a fleet of specifically adapted trucks and trailers. Feels like a faff for what is approaching a 40 year old ride.

Olympia is a quirk, I think. Barth used to travel more coasters. Also interestingly, they installed Mindbender originally.

I am trying to think if the plot is flat, I think it largely is, but some of the pathways are raised which makes it feel like it isn't.

Looks like a fairly 'clean' removal of that particular piece - although that might be because it was easier, rather than anything else.

I wonder if that is for vehicular access to the site ?

More Mindbender deconstruction.
Credit: u/ExtremeBagelz on r/rollercoasters.
1679515031352.png

R.I.P to what was in my opinion Schwarzkopf's magnum opus looking at the layout alone. Very sad.

Here are some more deconstruction photos dated today.
Credit: u/authentris on r/rollercoasters.
1680295211514.png1680295221981.png1680295245712.png
1680295276428.png1680295294843.png1680295325549.png