• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Minecraft - Alton Towers (1:1 Scale Recreation)

I can see why @Coasterfan312 is a bit miffed. Constructive criticism is offering tips and advice for improvement. Simply criticising the limitations of the medium is in no way helpful. It's like telling an ice sculptor their work would be better if it didn't melt or complaining that an oil painting is in 2D. It's completely missing the point.

If you know anything about Minecraft, you will realise that ultra-realistic depictions of rollercoasters just aren't possible and pointing this out to the OP is a futile exercise. You have to appreciate this recreation within the context of the game.

As a NoLimits user, coasters built in RCT3 always look incredibly crude and unrealistic to me. However, I realise that the limitations of the software make certain things impossible and I can still appreciate the creativity and hard work that goes into the layouts regardless.

I'm not sure everyone realises just how much effort it takes to produce something like this. If it were me, based on the response here, I probably wouldn't have bothered continuing this project. Nonetheless, I hope it does continue as there are some of us who do appreciate it.

Last edited:
I can see why @Coasterfan312 is a bit miffed. Constructive criticism is offering tips and advice for improvement. Simply criticising the limitations of the medium is in no way helpful. It's like telling an ice sculptor their work would be better if it didn't melt or complaining that an oil painting is in 2D. It's completely missing the point.

If you know anything about Minecraft, you will realise that ultra-realistic depictions of rollercoasters just aren't possible and pointing this out to the OP is a futile exercise. You have to appreciate this recreation within the context of the game.

As a NoLimits user, coasters built in RCT3 always look incredibly crude and unrealistic to me. However, I realise that the limitations of the software make certain things impossible and I can still appreciate the creativity and hard work that goes into the layouts regardless.

I'm not sure everyone realises just how much effort it takes to produce something like this. If it were me, based on the response here, I probably wouldn't have bothered continuing this project. Nonetheless, I hope it does continue as there are some of us who do appreciate it.

Damn. Couldn't have put it better myself. Also, I'm with you on the NoLimits thing, but RCT3 creations still look pretty awesome, and don't worry, we are still going with it :p

It's hard to give feedback for improvement when everything is so limited? No one here has insulted their effort or work at all..

Looking back to the first page, I think the recreation looks really good considering the limitations that the game has. I like Minecraft as a game (only played it once, mind), but I feel that it isn't really the best simulator when it comes to recreating coasters.

You see, I'd love to give you some feedback on how you could improve, but since I don't know Minecraft that well, I can't. That and how the game is so limited. Not all feedback should be positive however, it doesn't help you progress at your talent if you don't get constructive criticism every once in a while.

I'm not really sure why Minecraft theme parks became a thing to be honest. I guess it evolved from the popularity of the game, and people who liked theme parks wanted to combine their favourite things, which lead to people making basic Minecraft coasters (to unrealistic things you can find quite a few of) and eventually full to-scale replicas like we're doing here. It's easy to say things like RCT3 and NL are much better for it since that was their main purpose.

Also, constructive criticism is perfectly acceptable, but as I said many times prior, what I was receiving was just hate towards the game itself and helped me in no way whatsoever. What's been posted here more recently is much nicer.

I think it's time for an update :)

I know it's been a while, but I want to only give updates when there are plenty of new things to show. We've also not been working on it as quickly/as much over the past month.

TH13TEEN Baggage Hold And Exit Area:

IXDKa7s.png

TH13TEEN Drop Area:

fjLCZH9.png

Forbidden Valley Gun Thingy:

vaoiI6y.png

Nemesis Sub-Terra (Incomplete):

Ba04bm6.png

Nemesis (Incomplete):

9RA8lN3.png

Nemesis Birdseye:

z1W4XYS.png

Cloud Cuckoo Land Update:

V6fIMnA.png

We're theming up the server for Halloween - Scarefest car, pumpkins and entrance are all in place in AT :)

The New theming for Halloween is perfect. The New Scare mazes that you have made are also perfect ;). Continue on with the great work. To The People before saying that they were giving him criticism and not an insult. How can he improve on how the game works. It's not criticism when it is out of his control ;).

Time for another update (it's been a while :p):

What we've done over the last few weeks:
- Nemesis & Misc. Forbidden Valley Work (Air's in progress right now)
- Completed Dark Forest (TH13TEEN is the main point of this)
- Runaway Mine Train & Misc. Katanga Canyon Work
- A tiny bit more of Cloud Cuckoo Land

Pictures:

TH13TEEN:
SreG10x.png

ZodzUBg.png

Nemesis:
6zgsE31.png

BaZuh4P.png

8h7Oy79.jpg

f8Hot56.png

Runaway Mine Train:
fSuE0XG.png

Videos of Nemesis, TH13TEEN (and soon Rita and the Runaway Mine Train) are on my channel, as usual: http://www.youtube.com/TwistaaGaming/

I'm letting roe1999 (one of our main Imagineers/builders) take over forum updates and stuff from now on, as he'd like to work with social media (which I have no objections to, I don't post updates very often).

That's a pretty impressionistic rendering of the Mine Train. I don't think I would have worked it out without the caption.
I agree.

You can kinda tell when the image is in preview (or thumbnail) mode, but in it's full size it's really not obvious.

I don't get either of your points. If you mean it's hard to make out, that's just how it looks in Minecraft. It has rather complex theming.

I don't get either of your points. If you mean it's hard to make out, that's just how it looks in Minecraft. It has rather complex theming.
Yes, we are saying it's hard to make out, and we do agree that it's an issue with Minecraft.

I realize I'm not Roe, but I just thought I'd come in and post, for starters to just show my input on the above, and then secondly to show some more images of Katanga Canyon, which has recently been completed.

Now, we're not trying to act like something we're not. We realize we're working in Minecraft, and the nature of the game sometimes makes the stuff we build look, well, crap and not like the real thing. But the game offers us much more than that. The fact that we can build what we build in this environment means that people from around the world can visit the server, as they do, to experience these parks and rides in a virtual setting. Even if it's not exactly perfect, we're proud to work in a place that guests can visit and enjoy, by riding their favourite rides, visiting their favourite theme parks, talking to friends and staff, watch a show and so much more. Yes, MC can have it's limitations. But we wouldn't be able to do what we do any other way, and we'll keep on working to offer even more experiences to our guests in as close to 1:1 as we can make it, even if it it's beyond our capability to make it perfect. ;)

Just wanted to point out though, that from at least our perspective, the RMT facade is pretty realistic:

Capture_zpsd7edac8e.jpg

(From Google Earth)

2014-12-21_093045_zpsb36e1b75.jpg

(An angle which might show it off better, albeit the camera should be higher and more to the left)

-=- Katanga Canyon -=-

Anywho, here's some more pictures from the complete area: :)

2014-12-21_093120_zpsd77d1c03.jpg

2014-12-21_093208_zps1fc7f3b3.jpg

suchart_zps50b38f93.jpg

2014-12-21_093251_zps8fdbc17b.jpg

Thanks,
AR12 (Aaruse)

Psst, that comparison made me notice we missed a bin on the left ;)

Construction Update!

Firstly, my first forum update (hopefully the start of many). Most of you know me, I'm the managing Imagineer on IMC and will be posting the server updates across all forums for the foreseeable future. I hope you guys have had a great Christmas!

What we've done over the last few weeks:
- Opened Air
- A small bit of Forbidden Valley
- Completed Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
- Made progress on Nemesis Sub-Terra

Pictures:

Air:
2014-12-22_133522_zps475c9508.png

2014-12-22_133552_zpsac4b95e6.png

Ripsaw:
2015-01-06_180637_zps7533d023.png

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory: The Ride:
jIC3bGZ.png

2014-12-22_133246_zpsdfc848ac.png

2015-01-06_180531_zps7cd6dfd0.png

2015-01-06_184842_zps97418fff.png

Nemesis Sub-Terra:
2015-01-06_180432_zpse1c5f76b.png

Lastly, this weeks opening (finally) is Nemesis Sub-Terra. It will open this Saturday (10/01/15) at 7pm GMT, so come and discover what lies beneath on this recreation from Alton Towers Resort, UK.
Again, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year, more updates coming soon!