• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: Annual Evening Trip! 22.10.13

I'm still interested - a bit more Scarefest joy seems the perfect alternative to the unemployment blues, and it'd be great to see the event properly, with less crowds, apocalyptic rain or power failures - I'll make up my mind tomorrow afternoon, but ToTT and Nemesis in the dark will probably convince me :)

I have an Art Club after school, finishing at 4:00pm. So my plan is to aim to Pick Judy-poody up at 4:30, then pick a friend at 4:45 and arrive at Splash at 5:00pm. >:D

BigDave said:
Probably there all day. Gonna take pics where possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Which Dave are you? I'm so confused with who is who after this weekend, and there are a few people I talked to whose names I didn't even find out! I'd love to go tomorrow...but Ste is at work and I don't really have anyone to go with, and it's too far for just the evening for me.

Think both me and Will are there earlier in the day. I'm the Dave who was wearing the Portal 2 Aperture hoody. I'm gonna try and get some pics from around the park, so my ride count won't be great, but feel free to join if you like.

EDIT: Looks like its going to rain all day. I might still pop along later this evening, but not spending an entire day getting soaked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers for great evening just felt tiered

Overall the mazes have defiantly improved all really good

As above.

Awesome evening!

TOTT and Sanctuary were superb tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Glad I decided to come along. Had a brilliant evening, plenty of rides in the dark and the mazes were great!

:)

Last night was truly brilliant - after the mixed fortunes of the weekend, I was in two minds about whether or not to go, but I'm thrilled we all finally got to see what Scarefest is all about, and just the hour or so I had on park by myself before meeting up with the group was worth the drive. As I said at least once last night, if I had to find myself suddenly unemployed, I'm glad it was in mid-October!

I think the only thing I queued for all evening was Thirteen (I did this on my own while the others rode Rita, but it was well, well worth it), at one point I was able to get off Nemesis and go straight back around - something I've not obsessively done since my younger days, but it really was running THAT well that I couldn't resist - think I got 6 or 7 rides in total, each one better than the one before.

As for the mazes, again, a LOAD better than they were at the weekend, and this time around ToTT outdid the Sanctuary, perhaps due to a lack of actors in the Sanctuary's final scene, but as I think the group were recognised, actors really did go all out on us in the evening, showing that even on about my 5th runthrough this week, I can still be caught out, and going through the mazes in groups of 5 or less really did add to it, as I may have had my best experience of both mazes EVER last night.

So, in a rare twist of events, it's almost entirely positive from me. In fact, I was actually as excited and enthusiastic at some points last night as my 12 year old self was while at Alton - THAT's how much I love my Scarefests!
Cheers everyone for a good night, and Merlin type people, if you're reading - more of the same please :) Sure I'll see most of you again before the event ends.

As above, last night was great!

TOTT and Sanctuary both really good and short queues for The Smiler, too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2