• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Model stranded on ride

Just for anyone that maybe doesn't understand how these things work, any time a red top newspaper quotes a "source", "pal", "friend" or "onlooker" - particularly when they or the person in question is "shocked", "gobsmacked" or "furious" - it means that the writer of that article has just made up the quote off the top of their head. :p

I see there's a lack of consistency over the tolerance of sexist remarks/jokes on these boards, or perhaps the people that reported my attempts at humour in the female Formula One driver's topic have not seen some of the above comments.

I'm tempted to report them just to give some kind of equilibrium, but alas I am not that spiteful or immature.

'I'd give her one' is a tad different to making woman driver stereotypes because somebody just lost their sight...

mrbrightside said:
'I'd give her one' is a tad different to making woman driver stereotypes because somebody just lost their sight...

Don't split hairs here, it's crude sexualisation of women....and then talk of gagging her to boot?

The same people that were offended by my remarks should be offended by those comments.

Moderators should also have taken action since they've set a precedent elsewhere now.

THIS ONE TIME I WOZ STUCK ON TEH OBLIVION WEN IT DROPPED OVAR DE EDGE N DID 50 LOOPZ AND THIS KID DIED IT WERE GROSS BUT IT WERE SIK

No, sorry. Nobody cares. Did she die? No. Did she sustain an injury? No. So why is it in there? ::)

Just like to underline that I posted this to mock the Daily Star's crap journalism, not poke fun at the woman. She didn't do anything wrong, apart from commit the heinous crime of misunderstanding a routine pause in ride operations. It's not her fault this kinda crap is reported in the Star and the Mail. :)

Tom said:
mrbrightside said:

Don't split hairs here, it's crude sexualisation of women....and then talk of gagging her to boot?

The same people that were offended by my remarks should be offended by those comments.

Moderators should also have taken action since they've set a precedent elsewhere now.

I didn't see your post about the female racing driver before it was removed Tom but if I remember right then it was at the time when the said lady was still touch and go whether she would survive so may have been deemed inappropriate because of that rather than the discriminatory nature of it.
If anyone is offended by my joke above then I apologise, but it was ment in the nature of this topic which lets be honest is a joke anyway.
Good looking female gets stuck on ride, who cares!

Removed a few off topic posts, and some posts that could be perceived as sexist.

Sexism will not be tolerated on the forums. So think before you post - and for those that are not happy with particular posts then flag the post so then a member of the team can deal with it. Thanks. :)

James said:
Removed a few off topic posts, and some posts that could be perceived as sexist.

Sexism will not be tolerated on the forums. So think before you post - and for those that are not happy with particular posts then flag the post so then a member of the team can deal with it. Thanks. :)

I can't see how that can be classed as sexist, it doesn't discriminate against women in any way.
Tasteless maybe but not sexist.

The post in question implied that female models should be seen as sexual objects.

If you have an issue with my decision BigT then PM myself or contact an admin. :)

To be fair. That IS the point of Abi Clancy, and most models of her ilk. They model their sexuality, not clothes. And also, considering the number of gays that letch over males wearing very little, I think this was a little contradictory.

However, I agree that it's not appropriate in topics like this and best left to the tavern