• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Model stranded on ride

Sam

TS Member
Shocking news from Alton Towers, reported in that bastion of great journalism, the Daily Star.

Daily Star said:
ABBEY Clancy was left dangling 30ft in the air on a fairground ride as her footballer fella cringed with embarrassment.

The babe screamed: “Petey! Petey! Help me!” as the crocked Sonic Spinball at Alton Towers shuddered to a halt.

She was on the ride alone as 6ft 7ins Stoke striker husband Peter Crouch, 31, was too tall to fit in.

The model, 26, was worried she was going to vomit as the machinery failed leaving her swaying in the wind on Sunday.

A source said: “Peter’s used to a lot of ribbing at theme parks because his height means he often can’t go on rides as his legs don’t fit in.

“Abbey was really keen to try out the Sonic Spinball so she left Peter holding their daughter Sophia while she went for a spin. But halfway through there was a mechanical fault and she ended up stuck.

“Everyone could hear her screaming: ‘Petey! Petey!’ He looked more embarrassed than worried.”

A spokesman for Alton Towers, Staffs, said: “We did have a minor technical glitch. Guests were evacuated as quickly as possible.”

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say our thoughts are with Abbey Clancy at this difficult time. :(

Spotted by Robbie on CoasterForce.

Haha it's better than seen Katie price on a spinball car behind you

Wow, she should write a book about it, it could have lots of pretty pictures in so she could read along.

"Swaying in the wind"? I'm not even sure what could happen on Spinball? Stoppage on the MCBR?

I can't of been the only one that read the title and thought a model got stuck on the ride, like literally a model toy:
1528_pd2036381_1.jpg

Just me? Okay...

I don't believe anything the Daily Star comes out with. No doubt one of the writers had a dream about it and then thought "ooo, this will REALLY get the country on edge". *claps sarcastically*

I think using the word "dangling" added more drama to the situation than was really present. What most likely happened was she stopped on one of the block sections. And the swaying up there is hardly dramatic, surly not enough to make any normal person sick.

I genuinely couldn't care less. Yeah, she's a 'celebrity' - so what? I can't blame Peter Crouch for looking more embarrassed than anything else! I certainly would be!

My favourite bit:

Daily Star said:
The babe screamed: “Petey! Petey! Help me!” as the crocked Sonic Spinball at Alton Towers shuddered to a halt.

Crocked?! Crocked...?

Google said:
Definition for crocked:
besotted: very drunk.

:eek: I'm sick of bloody drunk Spinball!

"The babe"...what an absolute retarded piece of #### that waste of toilet paper pulp is!

I admire how much of a non story the Daily Star have created and their attempts to make it interesting. Well not really but tabloids sure love making their stories gripping... ::)

extremefacepalm.png

Calm down guys. It's the Daily Star. What did you expect? No overreaction to get no attention? What worried me more was, shouldn't of Crouchy been at training?

There was this one time I got stuck on 'the' Oblivion just before that 'dangly bit' over the hole.

I didn't get a write up saying 'babe stuck on Oblivion'.

Face...?

AltonBuzz said:
Rowe said:
I admire how much of a non story the Daily Star have created and their attempts to make it interesting. Well not really but tabloids sure love making their stories gripping... ::)
The Daily Fail have also picked up this story erm..non-story now. ::)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174712/Abbey-Crouch-left-dangling-30ft-air-trip-amusement-park-goes-wrong.html

Jesus, the Daily Mail running a story completely based on quotes from the Daily Star.....the very lowest and most lazy form of journalism.