• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Money Saving Expert

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
We are all Merlin theme park users, and as such to continue visiting it's inevitable we all need to find ways to save a few pennies to make sure the gaffer can continue to quaff his champagne and bathe in caviar while keeping the entertainments teams locked up in basements until they come up with "new and innovative" ideas.

:D

So this thread is dedicated to money saving ideas that you have, serious ones though, inspired by @Ian SAYNOTO0870 post.

The obvious one for me, is take a packed lunch (or rammed in a bag lunch as the case for me :D) to theme parks. Then if I get peckish on the way around, I'll buy some fries or something warm - saves an absolute fortune. I used to eat at the parks, but they still don't get the idea that when they ramp up the prices constantly people will stop spending.

I reckon some great ideas will happen on this thread, and it doesn't matter how much money you have, in my opinion if you can save it on waste you can then use it for better means anyway and maybe give some extra to a good cause etc - that's always been and always will be my mindset.

So, what's your top money saving tip, favourite bargain website etc? Let's get great web links, offers etc rolling and save having to trawl through certain other websites!

Martin-Lewis-the-money-sa-001.jpg

Before the topic gets started, here's a photo of the master of money saving expertise, Martin Lewis aka #Maaaartin.

Alternatively if you use a mobile (iPhone or Android) you can always use an app that bypasses all the holding that nicks your money off you and keeps these premium calls FREE. I can recommend WeQ4U. It works with Towers numbers as far as I'm aware, and it has been a life saver when I've needed to call RAC when my car has broken down. It works really well and saves you being emptied of your wallet before breathing down the phone!

Great post mate, lifted it into this topic!

Visit Merlin parks less, stop buying ORPs and vastly limit spending on merch. They have been my tactics this year and it's worked a treat! Instead my money has gone to European parks who actually care about what they are doing!

:)

As the dude above said. No ORP. Stop eating everytime you pass an outlet. Eat loads before, snack whilst there eat on way home/after you get home. Take a budget to spend on MERCH.

I feel proper Yorkshire on this thread tha no's.

I don't bother to eat Burger Kitchen at Towers, and rarely go to Fried Chicken Co. I usually wait until I get back into London and go to McDonald's. I shouldn't do it for Alton Towers as I travel for 2 hours each way, but it's a lot simpler for Chessie and Thorpe! Although it's not cheaper, I get better value for money at Maccies as well.

Aye, save tha money by taking stuff to eat, buying barely any merch and taking any offers. I do Towers on £12.85....