• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Monorail Refurbishment

Realistically, either a full replacement, or a bus /train/system ( such as one of those land trains that you see ) complete with a park and ride payment system - Park for £8 walk Free, or a combo park and ride ticket for £10

Realistically, either a full replacement, or a bus /train/system ( such as one of those land trains that you see ) complete with a park and ride payment system - Park for £8 walk Free, or a combo park and ride ticket for £10

This would not surprise me at all....

A land train would be a pretty cool replacement but I worry it would be considered too dangerous for Merlin. ("What's to stop somebody jumping out mid ride?". Well nothing really, except they might injure themselves so they'll only do it the once...)

A land train would be a pretty cool replacement but I worry it would be considered too dangerous for Merlin. ("What's to stop somebody jumping out mid ride?". Well nothing really, except they might injure themselves so they'll only do it the once...)
I only drove to Busch Gardens so never had the experience of the Disney land train (used the bus network there) but I did feel it would be very easy to fall out the Busch one! Still I think a land train would be a realistic and cost effective replacement to the monorail, especially if they brought one witho pasanger does

I'm trying to think of a well-known ride manufacturer that also builds modern land train-style vehicles, but I can't remember which one. I can picture the vehicles in my head too. :mad:

I'm trying to think of a well-known ride manufacturer that also builds modern land train-style vehicles, but I can't remember which one. I can picture the vehicles in my head too. :mad:
Would you be thinking of Severn Lamb, who worked on Derren Brown's Ghost Train?

I know that Intamin also builds monorails and transportation systems as well as theme park rides, so maybe an Intamin monorail would be a nice replacement for Alton's present monorail if it ever needs to be removed?

Electromec maybe?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Sealife Weymouth have a land train going spare...unless they decide to open Jurassic Skyline tower again (very doubtful)

(Sorry for the double post)

Not the one I was thinking of, but Chance Rides do one that can take 104 passengers with three carriages plus the motor car.

cr_detail_tramstarlft.jpg

https://www.chancerides.com/tramstar_lft/

They will remove the monorail before returning it mark my word. If the Air car park ever gets built on the I would say that’ll be the time it will go.