• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Monorail Refurbishment

Here is a question, sorry to off topic, but what ever did happen to Diogo? Hope everything is OK. I did message him but radio silence.

I am hopefully optimistic about a refurb under this new sort of Merlin. But in reality I doubt it will amount to much.
He’s still alive don’t worry!

I think the problem is if you took the vinyls off you would more than likely have to replace every single window, as they are probably away by now anyway. Or you’ll be there all day trying to clean the old windows

I would love to see that happen, you could even re vinyl the trains so they have their own themes but I would leave the windows blank, just theme them to look like it’s got windows.

It will certainly be an improvement, but there is no denying that purple seems to be their colour of choice at the moment.

Probably got a good deal from the local diy wholesaler ….. this paint, WD40 and some mdf on the cheap

It does look rather nice yet many others don't like purple being all over the place.

That said, I can sort of see what their thinking is is that they want to create a uniform image of purple everywhere though it might be a little much for some. I have no doubt that if they were to overhaul or gain new monorail trains (haha!) Then they would be in purple too with perhaps a neat golden lining on them. Anyone want to do a photoshop job of that?

That all said, the station was long overdue for a repaint so it's good to see them doing this.

It does look rather nice yet many others don't like purple being all over the place.

That said, I can sort of see what their thinking is is that they want to create a uniform image of purple everywhere though it might be a little much for some. I have no doubt that if they were to overhaul or gain new monorail trains (haha!) Then they would be in purple too with perhaps a neat golden lining on them. Anyone want to do a photoshop job of that?

That all said, the station was long overdue for a repaint so it's good to see them doing this.
This is alton Towers, not Cadbury mate.