• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moshi Monsters Event

jules070603

TS Member
Hi All,

Hope its OK the start a thread about this, I was wondering how busy the park is during this event in February, we are thinking of visiting on one of the weekends (no annual leave for hubby unfortunately) and will be staying nearby on a caravan site if we do come. We would have time to visit the park on the Saturday and the Sunday if we wanted. We have Merlin Annual Passes so does the early entry apply during this event?

What can we expect? I've seen the list of open rides but what sort of Moshi Monsters attractions do they have?

Thanks. Juliet.

From memory last year there were a few characters around the park for meet and greets, with photos.

There was a 'treasure hunt' type event where you followed clues around the park that led to a goodie bag with some stickers, codes for the moshi monster website etc. There abit of detail On the Towers Street Half Term page and a picture from last year.

There are other bits in the hotels, might be worth popping in after you've been in the park to get a drink (not to mention a warm!) and seeing whats going on. You don't have to be a resident to go in the bars, and they are quite the spectacle too!

Its not a whole moshi event, its more of an Alton Towers winter opening with Moshi stuff on top.

Wrap up warm and enjoy!

You will notice little Moshi Monsters unless you go to the hotels. There are little odd things around the park as Ben explained, but nothing of any importance.

Feb Half-term is a great time to get your Alton Towers/Nemesis fix and I always pay a visit.

Most of the time rides will be running at full capacity (2 trains on Nemesis for example) so ques are never really over 10 minutes. Apart from the kid's rides, which can often top an hour. Honestly, last year I remember the board- Nemesis 5 mins, Squirrel Nutty 90 mins. :/

I assume you have seen which attractions are open, but this year the addition of Nemesis: Sub-Terra is a welcomed change. Even just for Hex, Nemesis, Air & N:ST, it's a great time to enjoy these attractions with little-to-no wait. ( & seriously boost your ridecount. )

Last year was quite busy for the event, apart from the last sunday which was dead.

Nemesis always had a 20min queue throughout the event apart from that day. So, if I was to recommend any date i'd say the last weekend would be the better out of the two :)

Thanks for the replies, thats really helpful :D

I also didn't realise you could go to the hotel bars so I will remember that. We will take stock of the weather and see what happens, won't be booking our site until last minute (unless it looks like its getting busy) and we were thinking the second weekend already.

Thanks again.

thefatone said:
Nemesis always had a 20min queue throughout the event apart from that day

really? because when I went in the middle of the week and it was walk on front seat :p

smudge said:
Nemesis 5 mins, Squirrel Nutty 90 mins. :/

The event is aimed at kids, you must remember ;) still quite funny to point out to family

I really do enjoy feb half term due to little crowds around the park. I think that it is actually the time when I enjoy visiting the park most as it is very peaceful as well as having my favourite rides at the park open.

I will say though, the treasure hunt was poo according to me sisters, so hopefully towers will do more to keep the kids and families entertained this year...

jackandylan123 said:
thefatone said:

really? because when I went in the middle of the week and it was walk on front seat :p
Yup, unless you went on it first thing or right at the very end. I seem to remember this quite well for some reason..

thefatone said:
jackandylan123 said:
thefatone said:

Yup, unless you went on it first thing or right at the very end. I seem to remember this quite well for some reason..

this was for the whole day, 17 rides in total :p

jackandylan123 said:
thefatone said:
jackandylan123 said:
thefatone said:

this was for the whole day, 17 rides in total :p

Sounds like I need to find my rollercoaster feet then, its a long time since I've been to Alton Towers. I reckon its at least 15 years :eek: Sounds like DH and I will get on Nemesis no problem so I need to be brave! I do recall getting a monster headache after riding that last time! I have to say I'm looking forward to taking the kids on the Mine Train :)

The big issue obviously with Feb Half Term is the reduced ride offering and in particular thrill rides are cut back massively. But it is a great time to get a short visit in as the park is usually a little quieter (though last year was busier than even the park expected i think).

Hopefully by next year they will be in a position to be able to open Oblivion and The Smiler.

jackandylan123 said:
Dave said:
Hopefully by next year they will be in a position to be able to open Oblivion and The Smiler.

If it hasn't fallen apart ;)

I think if they open Blivvy and Smily, it won't be the event that it should be. A lot of people will go, as well as the families with young children, and the price will go up a lot I imagine.

Tom.B said:
jackandylan123 said:
Dave said:

If it hasn't fallen apart ;)

I think if they open Blivvy and Smily, it won't be the event that it should be. A lot of people will go, as well as the families with young children, and the price will go up a lot I imagine.

The event used to open with Oblivion as well as Nemesis and Air, they certainly should be able to accomodate opening one of not two of those attractions. Towers want to open longer anyway so i can see Feb half-term starting to become a bigger event with more open (and higher ticket prices).

I think the only reason they don't open Rita and Th13teen is they struggle in the cold weather.

I'm still trying to fathom out why they persist with FHT when the money they could make from a Winter Season would surely be far greater.

A Moshi Christmas if needed!