• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

My new Planet Coaster story

The terrain park I forgot to update this thread update
So I think it's time this thread gets a little bit of an update:
I'm currently working on a park for @Ian 's terrain park challenge and so when that is completed there will be a detailed post in that thread about exactly what I've constructed however I wanted to give an update of the sort of progress I have made with some of the particular rides and feature's I've used throughout this park.

I've got much better at the banking tool. I've mentioned before that I was struggling with this and I do still find it quite tricky. However I do think I've made a decent improvement. Here are a few pictures of some of the banking I've managed on a few coasters including a mine train and a Woodie that will be featured in my terrain park:

This is one of the banking elements I'm most proud of. The transitions in and out of the banking are really quite good in my opinion. It's not perfect but It's a big improvement.
Here are a few picture of some of my good banking attempts on my mine train:

One of the corners on my mine train however isn't good. The issue I have with it as pointed out by @Poisson was that it's too sharp. Especially just after a drop from the lift hill. The banking does compensate for this somewhat however I'm not entirely happy with this. I've tweaked it as much as I can and it is improved however it's still not very good:

free image host
imgBB insisted it put its little advert thing in so apologies about that.

I'm also learning a lot about layouts and am particularly pleased with my wooden coaster layout for this park. It does has a section where it appears that the catwalks of two pieces of track appear to crossover like this and I'm not really sure how to fix it:

Here are a few shots from the ride-cam of the woodie that I'm particularly pleased with:

Here are two overhead shots of the woodie so you can get an idea of the layout:

Now in this park I also attempted a dive coaster which didn't go so well. The main issue I had was that I ended up getting a tunnel and drop in without the correct speed to make it through the next part of the layout. I then decided to attempt to make the lift and drop a little higher. This turned out to be more difficult than expected and basically I ended up with a dive coaster with no holding break. It might get deleted I'm not exactly sure yet but here is a few pictures of it at current:

As you can see from the last picture I also did not do very well with the banking on the dive coaster.

I've attempted not to show too much of the park in this post as I want the majority of that to be revealed and explained in Ian's thread however some people have already seen decent chunks of the park. My next update will be based on my completed park post in Ian's thread which will likely not be for a while. Any feedback on what has been shown in this thread would be much appreciated. Cheers and thanks for taking the time to look through what is quite a long post.