• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

My Story

Natalie

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Phantom Manor
Hiya guys,

I know I've not been on here in a while even though I went on meets. This is a bit of a weird question but I'm writing about the challenges I faced over the last 6 years in a 3000 word story, which those of you know me may know bits and pieces or pretty much all of it but I'd love to namecheck those of you that I think saved me, as without you I don't know where I'd be right now and what situation I'd be in.

Some of you will be getting to see the rough draft now, I've still got 2 weeks to refine it. I'm free of the monster that's been over my shoulder for the last 6 years, I will admit I cried reading the old texts and twitter posts he put up but at the same time it's liberating. Going through any sort of abuse be it mental or physical is not a joke and if anyone jokes about it I won't talk to you. I will be having a book launch at Nottingham Waterstsones in Nov (I hope it's not fireworks weekend), I'd love to see some friendly familiar faces.

I may loath Merlin, but I've always firmly believed in this little community of fellow geeks we have here. I'm just glad we were able to help you in your time of need matey.
I don't jnow if writing about it would help everybody, but it certainly seems to be helping you. And that's what's important, after all. ;)

I look forward to reading it (if that's even the right term?)

As a published social worker I'd like to ask about the input from the other party. I'd imagine he/she isn't too keen on being published?
I'm sure the publishers will advise about libel and such.
In my case families had to agree to certain incidents (regarding abuses) being put into the public domain even though mine was only in national social work publications.