• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

N:ST Accident?

Maya

TS Member
Saw this on ttf's fb page

2lo4xte.png

I wasn't at the park yesterday, so I don't kmnow anything about this, but i was wondering if anyone here was there, and if the ride op's okay, and if n:st was open today?

Attachments

• nst.png
    nst.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 9
The ride was open as normal today.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was stuck inside the pre-lift room whilst it was happening, I dont know much however it took some time to get the op out. We were in there for minimum 40 mins however the actor was still inside. However, the ride re-opened later.

I hope the operator is ok.

The thing with medical incidents like this, due to patient confidentiality we will probably never know what happened.

I indeed hope the op is ok.

If his medical treatment was by the AT med staff then he was in very safe hands as they have been brill whenever I have seen them respond to an incident :)

the med team is great. they also assist West Midlands ambulance service (WMAS) under the community first responder scheme (CFR).

I believe as an associated group to the scheme they are one of a handful of CFR's that can use Blue lights on the public highway to respond to an incident.

A operative has told me it was a actor who broke his ankle whilst working in the maze.

Sounds likely, given the nature of the maze (lots of jumping up onto the fencing), and ties in with them being administered gas (likely Entonox for the pain).

I've wondered about what it's like working in strobe mazes like that - must be very easy to loose your footing, trip and cause damage. Didn't a similar thing happen in TotT last season?

Just out of curiosty do you reckon theres some sort of black sheeting, cloth if you like and the actors just listen out for guests walking past save being in the strobe lights for how many hours a day?

Zak said:
Just out of curiosty do you reckon theres some sort of black sheeting, cloth if you like and the actors just listen out for guests walking past save being in the strobe lights for how many hours a day?
I would assume actors work on a rota system, to ensure that the prolonged exposure to the strobe lighting doesn't mess with their heads. That's how I guess these kind of scare mazes work.

Yeah they normally work in shifts. It can still mess with your head though, but least they are in a relatively small maze and can probably catch a few mins between ride cycles.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I imagine there's some kind of system in place to deactivate all the effects when they're not needed, I've noticed that sometimes the loud noises aren't coming out of the scare maze section, I believe they are turned off when there are no guests coming through so I'd have thought the strobes would be the same.

Was stuck in the queue for 2 hours with no idea what was happening. No announcement the ride was closed and people were still joining the queue for at least some of the time. Ended up with free fasttracks from Guest Services. Along with other people that had the same issue. It didn't really affect my day too much as I have an annual pass, but my friend who was with me missed out on some other stuff she would have queued for instead if they had announced it was actually temporary not operating (it had a 60 min advertised queue, so we didn't worry how slowly we were moving at first). It also had another problem with a fire door that shut it for 12 mins close to that time too.

Hope the actor is OK.

Yeah hi that was my post on Facebook :/, not had much time to come on the laptop on here. I posted I was concerned in what happened as I didn't know much at first. I thought something had hit his face as it was black and purple, but then remembered its makeup from the maze part. Then my girlfriend noticed he was in a chair or wheelchair with his leg up....