• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nearby Hotels and B&B's

Shan

TS Member
I am planning a trip to Alton Towers in October for Scarefest with 2 other people. Does anybody know of a nearby Hotel or B&B that is good value for money? :)

I don't have any experience of local accommodation as i live with an hour and a half of the park.

However a mate of mine used the chained oak b&b a couple of years back. and said it was a nice homely place. here is the link to their website http://www.chainedoak.com/

I have only used one, and it was the Chained Oak, link above.

I would highly recommend it, and think it would be the perfect place in the summer, as they have great views, and a BBQ area for guests :)

Ian

I don't drive and always go to The Blacksmiths Arms.

The owners Dennis and Janet are wonderful and every time Dennis has driven us to the park gates (and offered to collect at the end of the day!)

The shower in the ensuite room is amazing. But for three people it might be expensive, as it's two people to room only I believe.

Laura said:
I don't drive and always go to The Blacksmiths Arms.

The owners Dennis and Janet are wonderful and every time Dennis has driven us to the park gates (and offered to collect at the end of the day!)

The shower in the ensuite room is amazing. But for three people it might be expensive, as it's two people to room only I believe.

I can certainly back that sentiment up as The Blacksmiths Arms is by far the loveliest B&B I have ever visited for the warm hospitality of Dennis and Janet.

The rooms are a decent size and extremely comfortable, the one Cheese and I stayed in was very up to date. The food is wonderful, although a little expensive in terms of dinner, and the breakfasts are simply sumptuous!

There is also The Bull's Head, which was average on my visit. The bedrooms we had there were cold, particularly as it was October, and quite outdated plus a faff with the narrow staircase to get up as they weren't above the pub itself.

Room 3?
I really like the bathroom tiles, they're from Topps apparently (I asked).

My friend stayed in the Peakstones Inn (the one with all the stuffed toys) and he said that was good also - the owner also sorted him out with a lift to the gates as well. Not sure which type of room though!

I recommend the Malthouse in Alton village. The couple that run it are absolutely lovely and the rooms are really cosy. Stayed there the last two years for Scarfest, and can't rate the place highly enough.

Laura said:
Room 3?
I really like the bathroom tiles, they're from Topps apparently (I asked).

I can't remember the room number but it was rather elegant with a ridiculously comfortable bed; I particularly recall the shower having multiple modes too!