• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As maybe the work replacing the Nemesis will more than likely take 12-18 months. Corkscrew will still be the longest serving coaster in the parks History. As it maybe keeping the same layout and name but it be a totally new coaster.

Apologies to ask a thick question, where does it leak from? An over flow or is some of the infrastructure/pit porous?
I think there's some sort of pump that transfers the water back into the local water supply. The water was accidentally discharged with the dye in.

Last edited:
Wait, what!! They allowed it to turn up into the locals streams? Yeah, that's definitely healthy for the village (not).

Why not just cut it from the local reservoir and just build some tanks to hold the dyed water for nemesis?
Because when it rains hard the reservoirs overflow, or, if there are tanks, the fillers overflow when they are full.
It simply cannot be a closed system when there is "access" for rain.

Planning docs have now been uploaded. The majority of the track is set to be replaced along with most of the supports.

Unfortunately the new track will be filled with sand to reduce noise impact on the local area.

Planning docs have now been uploaded. The majority of the track is set to be replaced along with most of the supports.

Unfortunately the new track will be filled with sand to reduce noise impact on the local area.

FUUUUUU-

JUST WHY!!!!

There's been very few noise complaints from the locals, and won't it take more effort to put sand in the track instead of just leaving then hollow.

MERLIN, DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!!

I'd rather it be filled with sand and a dampened roar if it means we get to keep the ride for many more years to come. This is exciting news. :)

With it being planned to close for a season, I wonder what plans they have in place to temporarily replace it's capacity? Surely they'd need to compensate with another ride (even if it's temporary)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some images from the planning application courtesy of TowersTimes:

With it being planned to close for a season, I wonder what plans they have in place to temporarily replace it's capacity? Surely they'd need to compensate with another ride (even if it's temporary)?
Which season is it closed for? This years? I must’ve missed that when reading it

Why would they need to close Nemesis for a season? They have about 4 months of closed season and if they can't get it all done in 4 months there's always next closed season.

Why is everyone okay with the track having sand in it? The howl is literally an icon in the Park. Look, I understand that the locals have to put up with this for 24/7 most of the time, but this is literally important theme park history were talking about. Dont you think that's a tad more important than a slightly annoying noise in the distance that won't change your life whatsoever?

Well, at the very most they could just put sand in the supports rather than the track itself. Without the iconic Howl, its sheer presence and intimidation will be only half of the original track had.

Just please Merlin, don't let the ride be a former shadow of itself.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.