• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It literally says there “This is your final call to ride the iconic Nemesis one last time”.

There’s no asterix mentioning that it will reopen again at some point or that it’s only closed for a season for work to take place. I think (as the person above said) that they have chosen their words very deliberately here in trying to convey an impression that it will be closing for good as a marketing tactic towards the general public that don’t follow the news like we do. They know exactly what they are doing with that Tweet.
Don't be daft. The use of the term "iconic" refers to the fact that it's been the same awesome ride, unchanged for the last 30ish years. While we all know it will reopen, it won't be the same when it does... unlike it is now, the tubular steel framework will be filled with sand to reduce sound pollution, therefore losing it's "iconic" roar and no doubt the trains and harnesses will have an upgrade too, further reducing the original coaster's icon status.

It will reopen, but it won't be as iconic as it was, as one of the world's first inverted coasters!

No

Don't be daft. The use of the term "iconic" refers to the fact that it's been the same awesome ride, unchanged for the last 30ish years. While we all know it will reopen, it won't be the same when it does... unlike it is now, the tubular steel framework will be filled with sand to reduce sound pollution, therefore losing it's "iconic" roar and no doubt the trains and harnesses will have an upgrade too, further reducing the original coaster's icon status.

It will reopen, but it won't be as iconic as it was, as one of the world's first inverted coasters!
That and the ride could be a lot less intense and snappy as B&Ms newest invert, Monster at Grona Lund, from what I've heard is just too smooth that it loses quite a bit of its intensity.

They still make the exact train Models Nemesis still use, so they'll still look and feel the same when it reopens thankfully.

What intrigues me the most from the recent post is the announcement at 7:30pm on Sunday. Can’t see it being “get in the queue before 9” as that’s already on there. I wonder if them saying their investigation begins at 7 will then lead to some sort of “discovery” in the Sub Terra building that will need investigation (reopening) in 2023? It would be a good way to go about it but it’ll probably be something stupid 😂

What intrigues me the most from the recent post is the announcement at 7:30pm on Sunday. Can’t see it being “get in the queue before 9” as that’s already on there. I wonder if them saying their investigation begins at 7 will then lead to some sort of “discovery” in the Sub Terra building that will need investigation (reopening) in 2023? It would be a good way to go about it but it’ll probably be something stupid 😂
Only thing they'll discover in that building is a mediocre ride and a can of WD40 (allegedly)

I've been in the park for the last two days and towards the end of yesterday there were a fair few of what looked like senior employees gathering around the old Sub Terra entrance just before closing. It was a few days before fireworks, so may have had something to do with that, but I do remain hopeful. It's been out of action for a fair whack now and yet the infrastructure must still remain.

As the coaster's going to cease for a while, it would make sense to keep the nemesis vibe alive... it's a wasted space otherwise. With only Galactica and The Blade in Forbidden Valley, I can see it becoming a quiet and isolated area over the next eighteen months otherwise.

Last edited:
Only thing they'll discover in that building is a mediocre ride and a can of WD40 (allegedly)
I wonder what happened to that iconic can? Maybe it's short celebrity status has led to hard times and it'll appear on ITV on Sunday alongside Matt Hancock eating a Kangaroo penis.

I still don't like all this Phalanx nonsense, it's a Sub Terra thing that I think ruins the theme of Nemesis. But maybe this announcement thing is something to do with one of the eggs hatching or some nonsense like that and a new steel coaster needs to be constructed (unlike in 1994, by prats in boiler suits with guns and tanks this time round) to hold back monster activity in the area. Or something along those lines. Could set up a reopening of Sub Terra or a new attraction (still not convinced NST re-opening in its original form is a done deal like some suggest) and that itself spends next season setting up the return of Nemesis.

That and the ride could be a lot less intense and snappy as B&Ms newest invert, Monster at Grona Lund, from what I've heard is just too smooth that it loses quite a bit of its intensity.

They still make the exact train Models Nemesis still use, so they'll still look and feel the same when it reopens thankfully.

Its going to ride exactly as it always has albeit a little smoother in some parts, unless the laws of physics have miraculously changed in the last 30 years. No, it wont have the roar. Yes, that is sad for us nerds. That being said sand filled B&M’s arent exactly quiet. But, I have faith the inevitable sprucing up of the ride area will appease us somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m expecting it to be on a similar level of smoothness to Inferno over at Thorpe but just as intense as it’s always been. I’ve never considered nemmy to be rough but I was surprised at how smooth inferno was in comparison the first time I rode it this year.

I wonder what happened to that iconic can? Maybe it's short celebrity status has led to hard times and it'll appear on ITV on Sunday alongside Matt Hancock eating a Kangaroo penis.

I still don't like all this Phalanx nonsense, it's a Sub Terra thing that I think ruins the theme of Nemesis. But maybe this announcement thing is something to do with one of the eggs hatching or some nonsense like that and a new steel coaster needs to be constructed (unlike in 1994, by prats in boiler suits with guns and tanks this time round) to hold back monster activity in the area. Or something along those lines. Could set up a reopening of Sub Terra or a new attraction (still not convinced NST re-opening in its original form is a done deal like some suggest) and that itself spends next season setting up the return of Nemesis.
It'll be something along the lines of the monster has grown in strength over the last 30 years and the ride now needs a new or stronger track to contain it.

Sub Terra. I understand why people want it to open because many have not ridden it. But for me it has no re-ride value, the actual ride is not that exciting at all. The effects were ok with something prodding your back and tickling your legs, however the actual drop part is pretty average. The exit we actually ended up walking behind the fence where the actors were by mistake, kind of ruined the effect.

It'll be something along the lines of the monster has grown in strength over the last 30 years and the ride now needs a new or stronger track to contain it.

Sub Terra. I understand why people want it to open because many have not ridden it. But for me it has no re-ride value, the actual ride is not that exciting at all. The effects were ok with something prodding your back and tickling your legs, however the actual drop part is pretty average. The exit we actually ended up walking behind the fence where the actors were by mistake, kind of ruined the effect.
Keep in mind though that if Sub Terra does reopen it almost certainly won't be the same. They'll probably change the story to reflect Nemmy closing.

Now then, from Scotland, here is little clip from many years ago in which Nemesis was used in the Scottish sketch show Chewin' the fat in which for some reason they reverse the film to make Nemesis a inverted launch and using Arrow suspended swing cars. :p clip starts at 4:24 in the video and contains some strong language.

I know it's obviously coming back in 2024, but tomorrow will truly be a historical day for Alton. One final day for a ride that has thrilled so many riders since 1994, and I'm sure it'll get the (temporary) send off that it deserves! Just imagine if they decided to go the other way instead of a re-track, tomorrow would likely be it's final ever day in operation in an alternate universe!

I know it's obviously coming back in 2024, but tomorrow will truly be a historical day for Alton. One final day for a ride that has thrilled so many riders since 1994, and I'm sure it'll get the (temporary) send off that it deserves! Just imagine if they decided to go the other way instead of a re-track, tomorrow would likely be it's final ever day in operation in an alternate universe!

Agreed. I wast at Islands of Adventure on the final day of Duelling Dragons (or Dragons Challenge as they preferred to call it then). As the day progressed the gueue just got insane as - presumably Orlando locals - were finishing work early and heading to the park for their final ride(s). It was only a small insane minority of people that flew about 4250 miles for the privilege.

Well then, today's the day. For anyone getting a final ride on the old girl, good luck.

Nemesis pretty much is the reason why the 1990's were the best decade not just for the park but in general for all. Pity I'm not down there today but I had my final rides in July so no real harm there. Still wanting a piece of Nemesis track in my house...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.