• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looked like a brilliant day. So sad I couldn't be there to witness it.

The Rollercoaster that started it all for me and I'm sure many of you too. The obsession. Still my spiritual number 1 even though SteVe technically holds my number 1 spot now. However that coaster will never hold a place in me like Nemmy does.

Crazy to think that my 8 year old rode it for the very first time 2 weeks before it gets taken down and maybe one day his son or daughter will get to ride Nemmy V2 with both of us.

That image of the two John's sitting together in that front row gives me a vibe of a passing of the baton moment with the fact that John B is going to play a part on JW's HH overhaul and possibly something with Nemesis...I'm I the only one who feels this?

Was a great few hours that from the fireworks, the video afterwards, the walk to Forbidden Valley. Joined the nemesis queue before the Sub Terra building and was still off of Nemesis around 9pm. Was running great after a full day's operation.

They'd really pulled out the stops with the new signage and themeing to go with the operatives, who were still about at 10pm when the final train was sent. The prize winners all in those red jump suits as well.

After the prize winners left the station the people doing the 'research' lined up on the exit ramp and walked in with John Wardley stood in the door way as the shutter went down, this was filmed so I imagine the park will put it out at some point.

Was just a great atmosphere all round with people cheering every dispatch and return to the station. IMG_20221106_221050.jpgIMG_20221106_210434.jpgIMG_20221107_004121.jpg
(not for sale)

That image of the two John's sitting together in that front row gives me a vibe of a passing of the baton moment with the fact that John B is going to play a part on JW's HH overhaul and possibly something with Nemesis...I'm I the only one who feels this?
God I remember when John Burton was a big deal in the late 2000s RCT3 community, that Th13teen recreation was something else! So cool to seeing doing well for himself!

Last edited:
We’re very lucky that Nemesis is being retracted. If it had reached the end of its operational life shortly after 2015 we could have had a very different outcome

God I remember when John Burton was a big deal in the late 2000s RCT3 community, that Th13teen recreation was something else! So cool to seeing doing well for himself!
If his creations were anything to go by, some of the best in RCT3 if I remember well, then I'd hope he has the same creativity for Towers here.

So yeah, now we're into the closed season and I feel the rife of speculation is only going to increase by this point and if last night was anything to go by...oh my.

What a great send off for the old girl. I think Alton did a fantastic job yesterday of building the story up and initiating it at 7.

We watched the fireworks and started walking towards the old girl before the announcement. We figured it would be sub terra opening and news would filter through in the queue line or around Forbidden Valley.

When we got there, staff were in character, lots of biohazard suits, posters, tape, smoke machines, staff holding big canisters of red liquid. They went big and it didn’t disappoint!D7EC5AB6-AA75-42CF-A0B0-4CC7EFCE08AF.jpeg2279793B-CA0C-4405-B8DE-36CCFF02FEC6.jpeg557B4197-5444-4F01-B108-E31FF6AD84C4.jpegA0A0D0C9-4D9B-4783-B448-EE800879DBAE.jpeg185DF0DC-EB6B-4DD2-BF56-0A81CDB0339D.jpeg

We jumped in the queue, crazy to think they didn’t even have the extended open. We were given Phalanx wrist bands which was a nice touch. We were on in about 15 minutes for the 5th ride of the day. Goodness me that thing was running like something possessed. Absolutely without doubt the best ride in the park and best coaster in the UK. 3/5 were front rows (one in the dark) and it just can’t be topped. The queue when we got off was at capacity so we couldn’t go back on which is fair enough and we watched as people enjoyed their last rides. Fantastic atmosphere and send off for this legendary ride.

Meeting Wardley was special, this guy has done so much for the UK theme park industry. In case anyone wanted to know, he hasn’t been on Vampire in years.

Looks like a great event last night and I have to say that the marketing department at Alton Towers have been doing some really good work as of late, credit where credit's due.

Happy that Nemesis has such a good send off last night and really looking forward to seeing what happens over the next year or so. The nerd in me is very excited to see some B&M track on the car parks again!

It was a great evening; the park really put on a show and the atmosphere was electric. Hell it was even a full moon.

My only criticism is they closed the queue far too early, we were in one of the last groups let through around 8pm and queued for less than an hour. Reckon it could have stayed open as late as 8.45 and they would still have had ages to run it off before the Wardley train.

Unforgettable night though!

IMG_20221106_205233.jpg

Even now as I write this, it hasn't really all sunk in yet that Nemesis is closed, at least until 2024.

Marketing though seem like they are going to keep running the Nemesis story for the rest of the year which is very cleaver, possibly the best media hype they would have done since Oblivion if done well.

Still waiting for the announcement of Nemesis 'escaping' the pit and going on a Godzilla style rampage across the country. :p

If we are assuming the LAB numbers they seem to be pushing quite a lot are colour references (which seems likely due to the similarity to the Phalanx branding used over the past few weeks), would it be a relatively safe bet to say these are the colours we can expect the new track to be painted? It feels like it fits together quite nicely but then again to hide RAL colours within a marketing campaign seems like a whole new level of geek appeasement from Alton!

Colour-01.png

Personally I think this could look quite cool, but imagine there could be uproar from some parts of the community!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.