• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Unless they are absolute wizards, the paint and appearance will absolutely be different than it currently stands

I think that means that the layout appearance will remain the same, why go through the motion of literally stating RAL paint numbers if it's not for something significant.

I absolutely welcome the idea of Black or red track nemesis I think it would be interesting to see, I still strongly believe that nemesis as we know it, is gone, the marketing seems to be ushering in big changes, and I for one welcome it, as much as I adore nemesis as it is!
There is a chance that the RAL numbers are just an easter egg. They wanted some sort of Lab code for the research in the story and just picked those codes for it.
I don't think that is the case though, they do seem to be putting them front and centre, not just hidden in the background, so i'm almost certain this will be the new colour scheme for the ride. The storyline seems to be hinting at Nemesis Evolving, and changing somewhat.

I wonder what version of the previous storyline they are continuing though. Originally the track was part of the monster, with the trains being organisms it sent out along it's tentacles to gather nutrients, with the supports being the steel that they had pinned it down with. Nemesis Sub-Terra changed that, with the pre-show showing the track pieces being lowered onto the monster by helicopters and the track now being the steel that held the monster down.
If it is the latter they are continuing then they will probably go with having to reinforce it, and the new black steel being the result.
Who knows, the code may mean Black track, grey supports, Red water.

Regarding the plans saying no external changes, I think that could mean regarding whether it will look any different from outside the park. And as the layout is the same, you still will not be able to see anything from outside the park.

Last edited:
For all of the reverence people direct towards the Nemesis mythology, when John Wardley read out the legend himself at Nemesis 21, he couldn't help but laugh at the silliness of it all. So if the story has been retconned or expanded for V2, I wouldn't be surprised. The park are not that precious about it.

The curious thing about the Nemesis back story is that outside of the original hype campaign, the backstory received scant attention outside of the usage for N:ST.

There was barely any effort to convey the story in and around the ride for so many years, to the point where one would imagine most riders were almost completely ignorant of it.

The curious thing about the Nemesis back story is that outside of the original hype campaign, the backstory received scant attention outside of the usage for N:ST.

There was barely any effort to convey the story in and around the ride for so many years, to the point where one would imagine most riders were almost completely ignorant of it.
Agree with this. I went to the park a few weeks back with some of my friends who couldnt care less about the nerdy aspects of theme parks and in the queue for Nemesis were asking me about the relevance of things. When I (briefly) explained what I know of the story they said that it was pretty interesting and a bigger deal should be made of it.

I dont think every ride needs a preshow or any kind of in depth telling of a backstory just to ride a roller coaster but maybe some screens/themeing around the queue to give a bit of context and add something interesting for those waiting would work nicely.

Nemesis and Oblivion are the embodiments of 'less is more'

The less story and what we know about the rides theme and concepts, the better. That's how I see it in my eyes anyway.

Nemesis already tells a story visually. You see the giant drill that's covered up in the creatures tendrils, already you think that something did, there was once human activity here, but no more...

Then the stone monoliths, meaning a ritual or some dark power at work here, then Boom!! "NEMESIS", The logo and name has a story to itself, the creature looks something right out of H.P. Lovecraft, something inhuman, something incomprehensible, a nemesis to Humanity. Its our Nemesis, hence the name and visuals.

Guess that people seem to have completely different variants of the background/storyline show how vague it is and allows people to join the dots in their own way.

Plus allows those who don't care to just go "ohhhh rollie coaster".

The original storyline is 90s cheese. Sci-Fi and Horror have changed considerably since then.

This was quite deliberate, it was intentionally just a visual thing with some music and atmosphere to suggest anything you wanted.

Nemesis theme can be improved, the added sounds on closing evening was a nice touch. But I really hope no literal 'story' is forced in the new Nemesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was quite deliberate, it was intentionally just a visual thing with some music and atmosphere to suggest anything you wanted.

How it suggested political /military satire to the people behind this new Phalanx stuff is bit of a mystery. The Phalanx were never a part of Nemesis theme either, same as Trish and Dave in the Smiler promo videos arent Smiler's theme. Cos it's boring!

Nemesis theme can be improved, the added sounds on closing evening was a nice touch. But I really hope no literal 'story' is forced in the new Nemesis and it has nothing to do with this bad Phalanx take. Youd think the retracked ride was called Phalanx with that clip art logo plastered everywhere.

That said the actual send off was a fun event that everyone enjoyed.
The Phalanx were introduced in the comic that was released when the ride opened. They were always part of the lore of the ride. They are not new.
nemesis_comic_18-19.jpg

Last edited:
The original storyline is 90s cheese. Sci-Fi and Horror have changed considerably since then.
Yeah, looking back on it, suprised Towers didn't sell the rights for an feature film adaption back in the day for something as honestly the storyline itself could honestly have been some cheesy 90's badly dubbed anime which would have fitted in quite well TBH.

The Phalanx were introduced in the comic that was released when the ride opened. They were always part of the lore of the ride. They are not new.
Yeah in a deliberately exaggerated comic book made for merchandising and so tenuously related to the ride. The Phalanx was never a part of the ride experience even in an ambiguous way. They were only part of Sub Terra.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is TPWW video of the final day.

Like the little detail towards the end of the video of the Nemesis beast roaring out of anger about 25:49 in the video, not the track but monster sounds in which I'm not sure it ever had those sounds before ever. Either way it does add a little more to the theming even if it's for a farewell event.

Just watched this, got to applaud Towers for the amount of effort they put into Nemmy's last day yesterday. The amount of actors swarming around FV was crazy! There is definitely more to this than we were all expecting, and it's not just a simple re-track now. I'm actually starting to think that Nemmy 2.0 could well be a little bit different. Time will tell though, and I'm sure there will be even more teasers throughout closed season and the 2023 season. 🙂
Again, fantastic job Towers! 👏👏👏👏

Edit: In this interview, JW mentions that the refurbishment will take 18 months. That would take us to May 2024.

Last edited:
Just watched this, got to applaud Towers for the amount of effort they put into Nemmy's last day yesterday. The amount of actors swarming around FV was crazy! There is definitely more to this than we were all expecting, and it's not just a simple re-track now. I'm actually starting to think that Nemmy 2.0 could well be a little bit different. Time will tell though, and I'm sure there will be even more teasers throughout closed season and the 2023 season. 🙂
Again, fantastic job Towers! 👏👏👏👏
Hope not. I don't want nemesis to have more theming than it has already. Just a retrack and a rebramd, is that too much to ask? Don't "modernise" it merlin. What's wrong with it's 1994 form?

If anyone saw the TPWW video of the audio of the Nemesis beast roaring in anger, I wonder if this is sign of what might follow with several changes with the road? With the roar of Nemesis likely to be muted, having the creature itself now 'roaring' via audio means could be maybe something of a compromise for those who will miss the actual roar? I actually wouldn't mind that, would give the creature itself a bit more life if you are up close to the structure though it would be nice if the big green eyes themselves were animatronic with them blinking or looking around which either might be creepy or goofy depending on what you think.

For a start, why would John Burton (Towers' Creative Lead) be involved if it was just a like-for-like track replacement?
I don't know, and I'm afraid to know why.

At least Oblivion will be untouched for now. I just don't understand why the park would want to unnecessarily change the ride for the sake of change. Duels change is valid as the props were worn out and was executed badly. But nemesis has been seen as one of the best rides on the planet since 1994, still to this day, and not only because of its thrill, but its theming element was perfect, not too over the top, and not very limited. The only new stuff it'd like to see is a small hut in the queue for some shade from the sundlight or when it rains. That's all.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.