• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Out of interest, has Nemesis always had those announcements in the station with the man shouting over the music and saying something along the lines of “NEMESIS! ONCE DORMANT, NOW RESURRECTED!” or similar? Or are they a recent addition?

The themed announcements really do add to the exprience though. Always phsyches me up when the train dispatches! :)

Out of interest, has Nemesis always had those announcements in the station with the man shouting over the music and saying something along the lines of “NEMESIS! ONCE DORMANT, NOW RESURRECTED!” or similar? Or are they a recent addition?
yeah they’ve been there for years, I believe originally they were edited and had some kind of voice changer on so they didn’t sound like it was just the op doing it, but that’s not worked for many years.

Probably the most obnoxious audio at Alton, if only for the click that proceeds the dreadful voice.

The awful pop after each announcement actually got fixed a couple of seasons back.

Yes they have been there for at least 20 years, probably longer!

There used to be one about the red blood or something similar, don’t know if that still plays (it probably does), not that you could ever really make out what the guy was saying.
Possibly "See the blood flow! Approach if you dare"?

Yes been there since at least the 2000s. I've never liked it, always found it obnoxious and not really fitting. Some of the ops used to hold to talk button on the PA to silence it.

I believe originally they were edited and had some kind of voice changer on so they didn’t sound like it was just the op doing it
Yes that's true, there was some sort of robotic voice effect on it. I don't know when it broke.

Last edited:
Yes the voiceover did have an effect on it that made it sound a lot deeper, it stopped working a long time ago now (mid to late 00’s I think). It was a bit rubbish actually, it made it hard to tell what was being said; pretty much just one of the effects you can do on things like Snapchat nowadays.

For anyone who isn’t familiar, here is one of the announcements in its current form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't for the life of me remember what it sounded like before. That would be quite an unusual way of doing things now, any processing is typically on the recording rather than reliant on some hardware to do it 'live'.

Are they triggered by a train entering/leaving the station or on a loop, or does the op have buttons for them?
Also it's interesting how the voice says "Nemasis" instead of Nemesis". :p

The blood flow announcement is still said. I was in the station during some downtime last year and the voiceovers played regardless of despatch.

I guess they much just play randomly, as they only play in the station and not the whole area or anything. They are certainly not linked to the ride dispatch or anything.

I remember in 1997 queuing for Ripsaw and it was raining heavy and all you could hear from the Nemesis speakers was if the weather goes any worst then Nemesis will have to stop all operations. Roughly 10 years later was at Thorpe and Nemesis Inferno was temporary stopped cause of light rain.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.