• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I mean it's probably technical issues. Every other ride is open bar Nemesis, so I can't see it being a last minute staff shortage.
True, everything points to technical issues based on its track record recently, but you can't rule out every other option either

Was there yesterday, walked past Nemesis at around 3pm & there were three engineers stood at the bottom of the lift, not sure if this points to issues with the lift or if they just happened to be stood there when I walked past. The ride hosts were all stood at barriers by the entrance & exit, so pretty sure it's a technical issue

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Nemesis reliability has been shocking this season, and is likely not the park’s fault. If I were them I would be keen to accelerate any planned refurbishment/overhaul of the ride to the earliest opportunity.

Was there yesterday, walked past Nemesis at around 3pm & there were three engineers stood at the bottom of the lift,

Still short staffed, they need more men to oversee the engineer fixing it

yNHOiUb.jpg

Mentioned on the other board I rode Infusion at BPB the other day and being a similar ride to Nemesis the difference in terms of smoothness (in Nemesis favour) is pretty significant.

Was there a time when Traumatizer was as smooth as Nemesis, ever?
Well judging by the fact that both rides are getting rougher with age, I imagine Infusion will never ever be as smooth as Nemesis. The smoothness of Nemesis is about right now, it was way too smooth in previous years, however now it whips you over some of the inversions a bit more aggressively and I like that

Well judging by the fact that both rides are getting rougher with age, I imagine Infusion will never ever be as smooth as Nemesis. The smoothness of Nemesis is about right now, it was way too smooth in previous years, however now it whips you over some of the inversions a bit more aggressively and I like that
With regard to the bolded, I, and some others, don’t think a ride can be too smooth, personally. While I do really like Nemesis, I would like it even more if it didn’t have the ear bashing through certain inversions.

You clearly like a rougher ride @Ethan, but while I will stop short of calling Nemesis a rough coaster, because I think the track itself is still fairly smooth, I personally find Nemesis quite a… fierce coaster in places, for lack of a better word. I often come off it with slightly sore ears these days, and I would have certainly liked it more if the ride was smoother. It’s not the smoothest of coasters these days.

As I say though; each to their own! You clearly like a rougher ride, and that’s fine by me!

Yes.
It ran considerably smoother early on at Southport.
Favourite coaster tale, loved by dippy.
Wanted to do forty loops for my fortieth birthday, couldn't be bothered with a day at Towers or Blackpool, Southport was more of a full birthday outing, shops for the lady on Lord St, coasters for me, then meet up for a nice pub meal on the way home.
So I hit the traumaTizer, as I believe is was misspelled, eight times, over a couple of hours, mixed in with the other rides, lovely sunny quiet weekday.
Seven times I was fine.
Eighth time I really wasn't...
Puked up all the way round the River Caves.
Instead of the pub meal, I cried all the way home, spread out on the back seats of the old Capri.

It ran unbelievably smooth in those early seasons, I think many of them do when new. I remember riding El Condor in 1997ish and being completely deflated when WGT announced TRAUMAtizer for Southport, but distinctly remember being astonished by the quality of the ride in opening week.

Look at Kumali, I haven't ridden that for a few seasons but it was still pretty smooth the last time I did.

Fair enough. I haven't actually a ridden an SLC other than Infusion, once maybe twice in 2009. Never since.

I don't suppose the process of deconstruction and reconstruction did it any favours tho.

The main issue with them Vekomas is the track design, something Vekoma have now stopped using.

It is just not a very good track design to get smooth track out of. The way the vehicles sit sort of in the track changes the whole heart line geometry for the worse, making it a very difficult type type to get smooth designs out.

Unsurprising really as it originates from the Arrow design and Arrow were not a company ever renown for their engineering precision..

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.