Nemesis: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skyscraper, 26th Oct 2019.

1. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

The machines were where the games stalls are today between Sub Terra and Nemesis.

JAperson likes this.
  2. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

Ah thanks. Where they very popular or did most people just join the main queue?

Skyscraper likes this.
  3. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Free Fastrack/Virtual Queue was popular, I certainly remember using it on many occasions.

Skyscraper and JAperson like this.
  4. JAperson

Sorry to be asking so many questions I'm just interested, Where was the entrance for it on nemesis? WAs it where the fastrack is now or where they used to have single riders?

Skyscraper likes this.
  5. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

No worries, the fastrack merge point was the same place as it is now.

Skyscraper and JAperson like this.
  6. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    When virtual queue first came in you could only ride if you had a ticket. That didn't really work so it became optional and was renamed dual queue, which was then rebranded as fastrack (still free).

Skyscraper likes this.
  7. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Remember when you could actually see out the monorail windows? Something so simple that added to the magic of the day.

8. Rob F

Rob F TowersStreet Member

The biggest downfall/oversight of the refurb… the magic journey into the park, 1st time visitors wowed as they passed through the valley

RicketyCricket likes this.
  9. monkeyboy

monkeyboy TowersStreet Member

Free fast track, anyone from Merlin reading this will not sleep tonight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyscraper likes this.
  10. Heidi

Heidi TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Late to the discussion but how huge the queueline used to be is insane to me! I obviously knew it used to be much bigger but I'd never really fully clocked the scale of it. I really wish I'd been around to see towers in the 90s and the influence of Nemesis at the time but oh well. I'd love to do a walkthrough of whats left of the old queue and see Nemesis from all those different angles.

What's also insane is the concept of free fastracks, how times have changed

Matt.GC, Skyscraper and JAperson like this.
  11. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Best not tell them about how RAP is used then, that'd finish them off.

--------------------------------------------

With the speed the queue used to move I never remember waiting that long for Nemesis. Maybe I did but looking back it didn't feel like it. Air always had the far longer queue from the off, and it was always a slow slow painful shuffle, not because it was more popular I'm sure, but it was a nightmare for throughputs due to reliability for the first couple of years.

Poisson and Skyscraper like this.
  12. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

Ah yes AIR’s famous reliability issues .... I can remember them well, but can’t recall what caused the issues.

On the subject of AIR, I get the feeling it’s on it’s last legs, it’ll certainly leave the park before nemesis

13. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

I remember queueing for three hours with a big bunch of kids, then going round again, with another three hour queue, with those that wanted a second ride.
    That wasn't even in the first year.
    All of the queue shown has never been in use all at once, it started mainly on the left, then all the left and round the back, then a bit more on the right, then more on the right than the left.

14. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

I beg to differ - I have certainly used the whole queue

15. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I think there was a mix of issues. We visited on one of first days of the season in torrential rain and they had significant issues with the sensors on Air not working in the rain.
    Then a few weeks later we visited and had a painfully long wait to ride as when the seats swung up to flying position there was problems with weight distribution and guest size so guests had to be moved between seats. I think it was a year later when they figured it out and started the system of an announcements of the seat numbers that needed rechecking/moving.

I guess that’s the issue with a prototype ride where it is very dependent on doing something mechanically tough, lifting up the weight of 28 people into position. Although Nemesis was a new coaster type, Six Flags has the prototype and it didn’t really do anything mechanically new, just rolled under the track, so less to go wrong compared with a flying coaster.

16. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

I stand corrected, I thought parts were condemned as others opened...around the development of Air in particular.

17. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Has Galactica ever gotten over its reliability issues, as it still seems somewhat unreliable now?

JAperson likes this.
  18. JAperson

I think in the later days of AIR it was probably more reliable than it is now. They had issues with the VR which is now removed and then they are having issues because it's a complicated ride system that's getting old. To be fair it is still fairly reliable, probably because it's a B&M.

Matt N likes this.
  19. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    From my experience, it seems to be the Towers coaster that’s broken down most, and combined with the fact it always has a massive queue, that’s why I haven’t ridden it since July 2020 in spite of having had 3 Towers visits since then!

JAperson likes this.
  20. JAperson

I'm not sure I'd go that far, I think Rita and Thirteen are both worse. I know that they have been having the queue line filling up and then closing the queue. We had this on our visit and we went on nemesis again. By the time we had done that the queue was back open. The queue moved painfully slow because they only had it on one station. Anyway this is the nemesis discussion so we are getting off topic.

Matt N likes this.