• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wonder if they'll entirely dismantle the track including the bits they're keeping so they can repaint and refurbish?

Wonder if they'll entirely dismantle the track including the bits they're keeping so they can repaint and refurbish?
They probably won’t dismantle the lift hill, station and brake run track. Universal didn’t dismantle what they were keeping when they retracked Hulk, and it still got repainted and fit in fine with the new track.

I'd be very surprised if they have to close it before 9pm - the queue would have to be out the entrance. I've done Smiler and WM as last rides in recent years but never waited an hour. I can see the queue time spiking more than usual at 8pm but it should reduce over the next hour

They probably won’t dismantle the lift hill, station and brake run track. Universal didn’t dismantle what they were keeping when they retracked Hulk, and it still got repainted and fit in fine with the new track.

I guess it all depends of if they can get to other parts of the site that they need to. As the access is rather tricky with Nemesis. Something other coasters don't always have to deal with. It could be removed, sand blasted and put back in place for all we know. Or it could stay.

I have no desire to pointlessly be on the last train out on old Nemesis. But if I wasn't working on Sunday, I'd definitely be there for the final day. I said goodbye to it last Tuesday with a couple of rides with my son. It's his favourite coaster in the world. He rode it the first time 2 years ago and got off of Black Mamba in June this year and said "it's no Nemesis" on the brake run and didn't bother to go on it again for the rest of our trip.

This is how much this coaster means to people. I first rode it when I was his age a few months after it had opened in 1994, only weeks before our second flight out to Florida in the pre Montu days when Kumba was brand spanking new (I loved Kumba and rode it 5 times back to back on 94). I didn't ride anything in Florida in 1993 or in 1994 that was any better than Nemesis. Although the world has moved on from both Nemesis and Alton (which is basically only a glorified regional park these days), I hope I never forget how it felt to have a park up the road in Staffordshire that had a genuinely world class ride experience right there.

Now, a son I never even thought I would have back in 94, with a wonderful woman I never even knew existed at the time, enjoys this coaster as much as I do. There's no rivers of blood anymore, the pit looks the pits, there's holes in the station monster façade and the track has fake rust painted on it for some bizarre reason (but importantly, not in the bits you can see from the queue line). But that awesome roar, getting smashed over those inversions and feeling the positive g's of that downwards helix are all still there.

It won't feel much like Alton Towers next year without it. I'll never hear that roar in real life again (sometimes heard all the way from the Enchanted Village), the rivers of blood will most likely never be seen again, the pit will probably still be covered in slime and weeds. I know it's a like for like track replacement and it'll still be great but I just feel that this really does finally close the book of an important era in the parks history. An era when Alton Towers genuinely was a fledgling world class park with aspirations to build world class attractions. Now the top end of what they seem to aim for is a tiny (albeit mostly fantastically themed) woodie, a Gerstlauer in a rectangular concrete pit, garish fun fair flats (again) accompanied with cheesy American rock ballads, standardised 10-4 opening days and lashings of brightly coloured paint being classed as rethemes.

I have no desire to pointlessly be on the last train out on old Nemesis. But if I wasn't working on Sunday, I'd definitely be there for the final day. I said goodbye to it last Tuesday with a couple of rides with my son. It's his favourite coaster in the world. He rode it the first time 2 years ago and got off of Black Mamba in June this year and said "it's no Nemesis" on the brake run and didn't bother to go on it again for the rest of our trip.

This is how much this coaster means to people. I first rode it when I was his age a few months after it had opened in 1994, only weeks before our second flight out to Florida in the pre Montu days when Kumba was brand spanking new (I loved Kumba and rode it 5 times back to back on 94). I didn't ride anything in Florida in 1993 or in 1994 that was any better than Nemesis. Although the world has moved on from both Nemesis and Alton (which is basically only a glorified regional park these days), I hope I never forget how it felt to have a park up the road in Staffordshire that had a genuinely world class ride experience right there.

Now, a son I never even thought I would have back in 94, with a wonderful woman I never even knew existed at the time, enjoys this coaster as much as I do. There's no rivers of blood anymore, the pit looks the pits, there's holes in the station monster façade and the track has fake rust painted on it for some bizarre reason (but importantly, not in the bits you can see from the queue line). But that awesome roar, getting smashed over those inversions and feeling the positive g's of that downwards helix are all still there.

It won't feel much like Alton Towers next year without it. I'll never hear that roar in real life again (sometimes heard all the way from the Enchanted Village), the rivers of blood will most likely never be seen again, the pit will probably still be covered in slime and weeds. I know it's a like for like track replacement and it'll still be great but I just feel that this really does finally close the book of an important era in the parks history. An era when Alton Towers genuinely was a fledgling world class park with aspirations to build world class attractions. Now the top end of what they seem to aim for is a tiny (albeit mostly fantastically themed) woodie, a Gerstlauer in a rectangular concrete pit, garish fun fair flats (again) accompanied with cheesy American rock ballads, standardised 10-4 opening days and lashings of brightly coloured paint being classed as rethemes.
Let's just hope that when this new leadership of Merlin is at full swing, the park might improve a bit.

Anyway, hope they bring back the old Logo! Really personified the rides uncontrollable nature so well!

Last edited:
Massively regretting not visiting Towers this season now.

Justified it by knowing Nemesis will be returning in 2024 - but will it still be as intense when it comes back?

It's the same track layout so you would assume so. Do we know if its getting new trains or not?

Edited a bit but from PBEs Facebook page.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SUNDAY 6TH NOVEMBER

...Phalanx investigation will commence from 7pm @ Nemesis (Forbidden Valley) on the evening of the 6th.
Biohazard chemicals in use; you are invited to observe - Interaction is strictly forbidden.

An important public announcement from The Phalanx will also occur post fireworks (7.30pm) on The Lawns...

Justified it by knowing Nemesis will be returning in 2024 - but will it still be as intense when it comes back?

It's the same track layout so you would assume so. Do we know if its getting new trains or not?
Don't coasters "bed in" a bit over time? It might be that the new Nemesis will take a while to feel like the old one.

We don't know for certain about new trains. It makes sense to replace them at the same time but there's nothing official.

Edited a bit but from PBEs Facebook page.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SUNDAY 6TH NOVEMBER

...Phalanx investigation will commence from 7pm @ Nemesis (Forbidden Valley) on the evening of the 6th.
Biohazard chemicals in use; you are invited to observe - Interaction is strictly forbidden.

An important public announcement from The Phalanx will also occur post fireworks (7.30pm) on The Lawns...
Wonder if they'll tease or even announce Sub Terra during the closing event?

Edit: @Danny said the same thing at the same time 😂

I'd imagine the announcement will be in part regarding the fact that the queue may close before 9pm if it reaches capacity. But maybe we will get some sort of hint/announcement regarding Sub-Terra also.

I'd imagine the announcement will be in part regarding the fact that the queue may close before 9pm if it reaches capacity. But maybe we will get some sort of hint/announcement regarding Sub-Terra also.
If they announce that though, couldn't that lead to a sudden rush of people heading that way (more so than normal) with risks of crowd issues and crushes? Not a good idea in the light of what happened in Korea at the weekend.

What they need is for it to be on the app and ride time screens around the park all day and on a sandwich board at the entrance stating the potential early closure.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.