• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Que line

JaykeAT

TS Member
Hey everyone,I was just wonder what the extended nemesis Que looked like,as I have only been to the towers when they have just been the hill part of the Que,any pics would be much appreciated. ;D

There is a very large section of queueline which is never used now that goes around the very back of the coaster beyond the stall turn - I believe that the advent of the Fastrack queue meant that this is no longer used because otherwise the queue to the station would be a lot longer than it is currently.

There are a couple of very good posts on this on another site which I couldn't possibly name ;)

It's an interesting thought that some of us that stood in it for many hours back in the day can remember so little about it now.

All I remember is it being very dramatic and suspense-generating wherever you were stood, because of the constant roar of the rails, and as was/is always the case at Alton Towers, during rain.

It's still the most dramatically landscaped ride in Britain and that includes the queue line!

I have queue once for about 2 hours for nemesis which abled me to see the extend queue which goes down the side of the loop than the station it's quite amazing to see the ride from that side

Area 3 of the queue line is a very big extension and it's very rarely open (it is a pain to clean and is only used as a last resort). Mostly it's quite boring as it snakes near the car park access road, but for brief moments you get a good view underneath the lift hill and the loop pit! Also the old Nemesis sign that was once used as the entrance sign for the ride now lays to rest beside a tree that you can see from the queue line.

Remember queuing 2 years back for scarefest nearly 3 hours for Nemesis using the extended queue right up to the loop and then back down to the station. Crazy amount of time to queue for a 30 second ride. However it doesnt beat the 4 hours I queued for Air through all the queue lines during the first year it opened!

The top extensions off to the left as you enter the queue are fairly uneventful really :p They just weave around the trees a bit then go alongside the track after the lift hill.

The other section which goes up and behind the turnstall is never used. One of the gates is welded shut so it can't be opened :p Last I heard this was because it was deemed to go into the Air ride area, and was a health and safety risk due to that.

^ That queueline fencing actually disappears, and you can walk straight into the ride area. So, definitely cannot be used!

Can see that part of the queueline if you look left as you're leaving air lifthill.

Can anyone please give me some sort of direction as to where section 3 of Nemesis's queue line would be on Google Earth or streetview ???

Thanks,
Mr Oblvion

Ian said:
The other section which goes up and behind the turnstall is never used. One of the gates is welded shut so it can't be opened :p Last I heard this was because it was deemed to go into the Air ride area, and was a health and safety risk due to that.

I heard that was a reason but also since the introduction of Fastrack, if that queue line was still in use, it would still be a long wait due to the Fastrack entrance being before that extension. You would end up cutting in the queue with still well over half an hours worth of queue time left.

I've always wanted to have a walk up there, I could imagine it being quite eerie.