• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

I’m sorry, I’ve got to say it and I can’t be the only one who thinks this but, the queueline video is terribly acted. The scientist is so unbelievable due to the way he’s been portrayed that it makes it all feel a bit BTEC monologue performance. 😬
It’s a ride about an alien monster, it’s all about the big picture and broad strokes. The actor is doing a great job of this as directed, it’s a theme park ride and the tone needs to be quickly and broadly conveyed

It’s a ride about an alien monster, it’s all about the big picture and broad strokes. The actor is doing a great job of this as directed, it’s a theme park ride and the tone needs to be quickly and broadly conveyed
No, I strongly disagree. The ride is indeed about those things. However, this isn’t a dramatic performance fit for the theme or the area. It’s a performance that’s pretty wooden, basic and doesn’t convey the panic or the urgency it is meant to well at all. Being conveyed quickly and broadly has not been done well in this instance.

But if you want to talk about it being ‘a theme park ride’, the actress who plays Emily Alton says hello. She does a brilliant brilliant job. Let’s rewind to Charlie, the voice actors for that ride were pretty good too amongst others.

Sadly, for me, this is on the same level of acting quality as Black Mirror Labyrinth.

The animatronic in Mystery Castle before you board gives a more convincing performance than those two!

Finally rode Nemesis Reborn the other day, dont really have a great deal to add that isn’t too different from everyone else’s opinions

- The rattle is noticeable but I dont think it detracts from the ride experience
- Speaking of ride experience, rattle aside I think it rides exactly as it did originally and doesn’t feel tamed. I am happy with that
- The eye already seems to have a slight fault - blinking block of pixels not far from the centre, hopefully an easy fix (I wonder if it has a ‘b-mode’ that isnt a laminated ‘million apologies’ A4)
- The gun looks naff
- Forbidden Valley looks great as a whole, hopefully the addition of Project Ocean will build on this further. I echo that everywhere feels dynamic and immersive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally rode Nemesis Reborn the other day, dont really have a great deal to add that isn’t too different from everyone else’s opinions

- The rattle is noticeable but I dont think it detracts from the ride experience
- Speaking of ride experience, rattle aside I think it rides exactly as it did originally and doesn’t feel tamed. I am happy with that
- The eye already seems to have a slight fault - blinking block of pixels not far from the centre, hopefully an easy fix (I wonder if it has a ‘b-mode’ that isnt a laminated ‘million apologies’ A4)
- The gun looks naff
- Forbidden Valley looks great as a whole, hopefully the addition of Project Ocean will build on this further. I echo that everywhere feels dynamic and immersive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's a shame that the eye is already having trouble. I wonder how it will look in 5 years.

The glasses in the bottom pic kind of look like vases from the angle. Maybe they'll release a "grow your own Nemesis creature" kit to go with them :p

Got my first ride on Nemmy yesterday. Back row!

She’s just as intense and wonderful as always. Silky smooth too.

Definitely noticed the rattle at the end. I don’t think it takes anything away from the experience but it is odd.

Very happy to have her back. Alton Towers isn’t the same without her.

The eye display looked fine yesterday. I did think when initially seeing it on opening day that it had some stuck red pixels near the centre, but realised later on that it was just the red area lighting reflecting off the glossy dome/eyeball.

I’m sorry, I’ve got to say it and I can’t be the only one who thinks this but, the queueline video is terribly acted. The scientist is so unbelievable due to the way he’s been portrayed that it makes it all feel a bit BTEC monologue performance. 😬
I believe the guy is called Tom Scanlon and is currently in Doubtfire the Musical if that sheds any light.

In regards to the resins, i hope they keep them in stock throughout the year, the creature resin is something I've wanted for years and they have finally done it. Not going till June sadly

I believe the guy is called Tom Scanlon and is currently in Doubtfire the Musical if that sheds any light.
Light on what? It’s still not the best performance and that’s down to casting an actor that’s not right for the role sadly.

Any updates on the rattle by those who’ve been recently? Have there been any improvements?

Last edited:

In regards to the resins, i hope they keep them in stock throughout the year, the creature resin is something I've wanted for years and they have finally done it. Not going till June sadly
Yea It is him:
1711916880096.png

Light on what? It’s still not the best performance and that’s down to casting an actor that’s not right for the role sadly.

Any updates on the rattle by those who’ve been recently? Have there been any improvements?
I just meant light on the credentials, no offense intended