• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

The only unclear thing is if the talk is over dinner or similar. If its hosted in the hotel conference centre and comes with a meal before the talk from John, John and Bianca then the price is fair at £45 on top of the gold fasttrack. If it literally is just an hours talk after park close it is a little over priced, but will probably sell out.

Were they? I paid for it twenty years ago for the Nemesis X event (that did include a hotel stay as well as the ride time).
Other similar talks were organised by RCCGB or ECC where membership of the club is needed or have been organised by Towers Times (Attraction Source) where an entry fee is charged.
I don’t want to drag this too off-topic. Many moons ago talks similar to this happened during meets on park at no extra cost.

Obviously, due to some sites monetising these talks/events that put a stop to Towers offering it for free to other sites.

I’m not in any way having a dig at other sites or Towers, if people are willing to pay I don’t blame businesses exploiting this, but as I grow into an old fart it’s a shame to see that something that was once a free surprise is now a paid for event at a premium.

If its hosted in the hotel conference centre and comes with a meal before the talk from John, John and Bianca then the price is fair at £45 on top of the gold fasttrack.
Unless they wheel some Aramark crap out to the table. I'd be wanting the rest as compensation for putting me through the ordeal!

I have a question for our John that I can't see he's answered before or not? He's mentioned a deal with Six Flags that if they allowed them to start a dialogue with B&M over getting a new invert, Tussauds would repay the favour. What favour did they repay?

He he yeah imagine being the sort of person who'd pay £120 for this...

Anyway, anyone got any questions you want me to ask John for you?
I’d love to know more about Burton’s reasoning for moving away from the “Post Apocalyptic“ elements of the original theme. The creative process behind theme parks really is fascinating, more-so when you’re iterating on an existing work, wish they weren’t so tight lipped about certain things!

Read with interest all comments so far. Each to his own, but a queue of up to 4 hours for an 'opening day cred' (or 2 hours to enter a shop) doesn't interest me whatsoever. I'd rather visit on an off peak midweek day when I'll get on it in a matter of minutes. I don't think this info has been posted, but what is the actual size of these Nemmy bolts that the park were selling? Just curious as £100/£150 for (a) rusting metal bolt/s seems utterly ridiculous to me - and I say this as someone who has bought ride parts from BPB, back when I had more disposable income, and the prices were more reasonable. I appreciate it's a business and I guess to that end if people are willing to pay those prices, then fair play, but it does seem an absurd amount of money during a cost of living crisis for something which, let's face it, would once have been thrown in a skip. I do quite like how they mounted them onto those bases, but a 3 figure sum, really? They look like they should be selling for no more than £30.

As for them being genuine, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt just because of the fact that the ride was taken down & rebuilt, so of course all those parts had to end up somewhere. But those bolts could feasibly have come from any number of removed rides. At least with something like a wheel, you know for absolute certain it was from a specific ride, but a bolt could literally have been on anything at all. I wonder if they will sell off parts such as wheels at some point. If they do, the price of the bolts indicates that they wouldn't be cheap!

Though I'm not a massive fan of 'dangly' coasters (the back of the seat in front blocking much of my view has never appealed), I do like Nemesis (particularly the front row), I think Reborn it looks fantastic and I will enjoy riding again when I can. I must say though that the front row queue removal is a huge disappointment. If they did take it away mainly to put some theming in its place, then that's very poor indeed. I wonder if they will bring it back if there's enough feedback about it. That has taken the shine off it for me. If I want to wait for the front row then why shouldn't I?

Also, whatever floats your boat (or as everyone says now, and where the heck did it come from?: 'You do you') but I'm not sure how it can be a cred if you rode Nemesis previously. Does the rename technically make it a new cred? From what I understand it's the exact same ride with a different colour track, but quieter and rattly (surely it shouldn't be already?!). Are people actually counting it as a new cred?!

How about, "do you look at Chessington and weep?"

Does anyone else find the idea of paid meet and greets demeaning? It makes them sound like costumed Disney characters!
I honestly could never pay to meet someone. I just cannot abide the idea of my presence with someone coming with a monetary value, like they are superior to me and them being in my vicinity is some sort of honour.
There is also something about this John Burton that I can't get along with. I feel like he's been given an easy job and is reaping rewards left right and centre. I get a hint of nepotism from his position.

Read with interest all comments so far. Each to his own, but a queue of up to 4 hours for an 'opening day cred' (or 2 hours to enter a shop) doesn't interest me whatsoever.

Also, whatever floats your boat (or as everyone says now, and where the heck did it come from?: 'You do you') but I'm not sure how it can be a cred if you rode Nemesis previously. Does the rename technically make it a new cred? From what I understand it's the exact same ride with a different colour track, but quieter and rattly (surely it shouldn't be already?!). Are people actually counting it as a new cred?!
For me, it was because I’ve never done an opening day, or ridden a coaster on its first day. I also hadn’t seen some of my friends since fireworks and wanted to catch up. The 4.5 hour queue was long, and I’m not massively keen on doing it again soon, but it was a good opportunity to chat and meet new people as well as catch up with those I already know.

I won’t be counting Nemesis Reborn as a new cred, even though I could do with the +1.

I honestly could never pay to meet someone. I just cannot abide the idea of my presence with someone coming with a monetary value, like they are superior to me and them being in my vicinity is some sort of honour.
There is also something about this John Burton that I can't get along with. I feel like he's been given an easy job and is reaping rewards left right and centre. I get a hint of nepotism from his position.
Like @Martin I've also got tickets for this event! As soon as I read there was more of a talk/Q&A and behind the scenes style to the event, I was sold! Have seen a lot of negativity about this but I'm unashamedly looking forward to it personally 😊

Just because he has a cane doesn't mean he is completely blind nor faking it.

Disabled people use different aids at different times and for different reasons.
I’m quite aware of that. I do know if I was to remove my glasses, there’s no way I could find Nemesis, let alone jog down Towers Street.

Last edited:
Couple years ago I went to a 35mm film screening with cast/crew Q&A, which cost me £21. Was a great evening hearing people talk about the movie and some of the questions were good (naturally I didn't have one until a couple days later).

So whilst the initial £120 for the Nemesis event may seem steep, when you factor in both the Fastrack and Behind the Scenes (which I'd hope is a physical tour rather than a slideshow), it starts to make a bit more sense.

It's not my sort of thing anymore but I'm sure it'll be an interesting night for those who do go.

Last edited:
Is Hyperia his design? Be interesting to see how he gets on when he's not adapting someone else's original work....

Unless they wheel some Aramark crap out to the table. I'd be wanting the rest as compensation for putting me through the ordeal!

I have a question for our John that I can't see he's answered before or not? He's mentioned a deal with Six Flags that if they allowed them to start a dialogue with B&M over getting a new invert, Tussauds would repay the favour. What favour did they repay?
I can’t for the life of me think where I heard this, so take this with a pinch of salt. But I thought I’d seen an interview in the past where he implied the favour was the flying coaster concept, as Six Flags opened their one days after Air.