• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

I can’t for the life of me think where I heard this, so take this with a pinch of salt. But I thought I’d seen an interview in the past where he implied the favour was the flying coaster concept, as Six Flags opened their one days after Air.

Off topic but did they? Which flyer was that?

I can’t for the life of me think where I heard this, so take this with a pinch of salt. But I thought I’d seen an interview in the past where he implied the favour was the flying coaster concept, as Six Flags opened their one days after Air.

It's something like that, yeah - Six Flags Great Adventure debuted Superman Ultimate Flight a couple weeks later, thus the favour returned.

Off topic but did they? Which flyer was that?
https://rcdb.com/1568.htm. This one! I remember closely following Air’s construction and seeing the photos of Superman coming along quickly and wondering which would open first. I would imagine (though no proof) that there may have been some agreement that Air opened first as part of sharing the concept. Sorry for going off topic!

Slightly late to this party, but finally managed a ride

I will be honest, it's a bit underwhelming. The loss of the roar was the first thing I noticed. The efforts to improve FV are great, the queue theming is good (although there are bits that clearly shouldn't be there). I found it slow through the layout, but this was around an hour after the ride started so might not have warmed up fully

Hugely disappointed the queueline closed a good 15 mins earlier than 16:00, didn't realise Towers did this

https://rcdb.com/1568.htm. This one! I remember closely following Air’s construction and seeing the photos of Superman coming along quickly and wondering which would open first. I would imagine (though no proof) that there may have been some agreement that Air opened first as part of sharing the concept. Sorry for going off topic!
They are an interesting type of coaster, I’ve done Air and Tatsu and I think I prefer Air. Purely as I feel it simulates flying better than Tatsu which simulates your skull being crushed on that pretzel loop.

The modern demand to meet Wardley or (especially) Burton is really fascinating to me, speaks a lot for who the cult of 'thoosie' has grown and diversified in the last decade. John W was just knocking around at the fringes of Nemesis X and Nemesis 21, and while always something of an industry celebrity, he was easy enough to just approach and have a quick natter with. Suppose I didn't know how lucky I had it!

My youngest was there on Saturday on a school trip organised a while ago - she had no idea until recently that it was opening day - and Nemmie's rebirth!

Her and her mates agreed they'd swerve Nemmie if the queue times were rubbish, which they were until later in the day when they came down to 90 mins and they took a chance. Two of her group were about 20 mins in front of the rest and got on the ride... they were ones that got stuck (AT came round and handed out ponchos.. only for one of her friends to drop it as she was opening it :D). My daughter and other friends got evacuated from the queue soon after.

Wasn't the best day for them to go (only managed to fit in 6 rides)
You know what is crazy; I was sat next to them on the front row!! That is absolutely mental!

Hugely disappointed the queueline closed a good 15 mins earlier than 16:00, didn't realise Towers did this

Is "Closed - At Capacity" as a ride status a new thing this year?

I think they still advertise ride close being when the queue closes on the website

The modern demand to meet Wardley or (especially) Burton is really fascinating to me, speaks a lot for who the cult of 'thoosie' has grown and diversified in the last decade. John W was just knocking around at the fringes of Nemesis X and Nemesis 21, and while always something of an industry celebrity, he was easy enough to just approach and have a quick natter with. Suppose I didn't know how lucky I had it!

Yeah have to say the need for security for John on Saturday concerned me a bit. Met him a number of times and he is genuinely friendly and happy to chat but never seen him mobbed quite so much as Saturday.

Suppose this is the vlogger internet age influencing how people react to him.

As for the event if you want to go and you have never heard him speak before go for it, you will enjoy, I’m just glad I have been able to do it without spending £120.

Don’t think it’s that modern, at the Nemesis X event twenty years ago there was a queue to get his autograph. Difference was this was before camera phones so harder to get a picture!

Don’t think it’s that modern, at the Nemesis X event twenty years ago there was a queue to get his autograph. Difference was this was before camera phones so harder to get a picture!

To be fair I saw him on Air’s opening day just standing around, people were talking to him but nothing like what it is now.

Demand has definitely increased for this stuff.