• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Lucky you! I did email the park to ask if they'd send one but as expected, nope. Real shame as I had the code. Looks great though šŸ™‚
I'm sure someone on here might go to the effort of picking it up for you and posting it along, if you asked nicely and they're still in stock!

https://rcdb.com/1568.htm. This one! I remember closely following Airā€™s construction and seeing the photos of Superman coming along quickly and wondering which would open first. I would imagine (though no proof) that there may have been some agreement that Air opened first as part of sharing the concept. Sorry for going off topic!

Interesting! I was coincidentally in Atlanta just after this opened and rode on it but had no idea there was one in the UK at the same time.

https://rcdb.com/1568.htm. This one! I remember closely following Airā€™s construction and seeing the photos of Superman coming along quickly and wondering which would open first. I would imagine (though no proof) that there may have been some agreement that Air opened first as part of sharing the concept. Sorry for going off topic!

There was, Wardley mentioned it in an interview, they agreed Six Flags could open Superman in the same year as Six Flags allowed B&M to share the invert concept with Tussauds for Nemesis whilst Batman was under construction.

I would go to this event myself, but I just don't trust myself that I'd behave. I can just imagine a scenario of Bianca giving me daggers as I grill them about manky burgers, spa closures and helicopters whilst a crowd of deciple thoosies shout "booooo!".

A few thoughts from the opening weekend from me.

Overall I think itā€™s an improvement on old Nemesis, the station inside is so much better and so is the outside. I also like the overall valley refresh, and itā€™s nice weā€™ve got a new ride and they have re done the area rather than just ignoring it or doing it cheaply.

The only negative I have is you can really tell the queue and area around it just isnā€™t finished properly and was rushed.

The first part of the queue is fine but the further you get the worse it is. Theres the big pile of mud near the car parks which you can see which isnā€™t great, and I donā€™t know why they didnā€™t put a fence there like the other side.

Then youā€™ve got unfinished pipes, electric cables, etc. also lazy finishes, eg old queue line simply half removed rather than probably removed. Some of it I find weird that no one from merlin walked the queue and removed the wheel barrel or just tired the cables a bit? The speakers near the end of the queue look like they really were just chucked on the ground with no effort at all. I canā€™t see them still being there and working in ten years like

Attachments

• IMG_6150.jpeg
    IMG_6150.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6163.jpeg
    IMG_6163.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6158.jpeg
    IMG_6158.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6153.jpeg
    IMG_6153.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6149.jpeg
    IMG_6149.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 100
A few thoughts from the opening weekend from me.

Overall I think itā€™s an improvement on old Nemesis, the station inside is so much better and so is the outside. I also like the overall valley refresh, and itā€™s nice weā€™ve got a new ride and they have re done the area rather than just ignoring it or doing it cheaply.

The only negative I have is you can really tell the queue and area around it just isnā€™t finished properly and was rushed.

The first part of the queue is fine but the further you get the worse it is. Theres the big pile of mud near the car parks which you can see which isnā€™t great, and I donā€™t know why they didnā€™t put a fence there like the other side.

Then youā€™ve got unfinished pipes, electric cables, etc. also lazy finishes, eg old queue line simply half removed rather than probably removed. Some of it I find weird that no one from merlin walked the queue and removed the wheel barrel or just tired the cables a bit? The speakers near the end of the queue look like they really were just chucked on the ground with no effort at all. I canā€™t see them still being there and working in ten years like

Picking up on one of the pictures here which I noticed the other day whilst in queue - the speakers are hidden albeit very badly with extremely weird/ cheap looking camo nets why? If any theme lends itself to having announcement speakers it would be this. Such a weird artistic choice in my opinion and really dont understand why that was a priority over say cleaning the actual building debris.

Picking up on one of the pictures here which I noticed the other day whilst in queue - the speakers are hidden albeit very badly with extremely weird/ cheap looking camo nets why? If any theme lends itself to having announcement speakers it would be this. Such a weird artistic choice in my opinion and really dont understand why that was a priority over say cleaning the actual building debris.
The speakers seem a really cheap choice and a bit of a cop out. Back in the day you would either use the Bose green garden speakers, or you would put the bracket in the ground with the cable. Now these are just on paving slabs, chucked on the ground, with the cable in some plastic tubing not even dug or put out the way.

One other thing thatā€™s really lacking in the queue line is bins! Iā€™m sure thereā€™s only about 4 in the whole queue line, thereā€™s even one place where there should be a bin where they havenā€™t put one.

Oh I would be practical, polite and diplomatic. But I'm the last person who should be allowed at any happy clappy "yay, everyone's a winner!" celebration events. Perhaps that's why no one invites me to weddings? Come to think of it, maybe that's we she won't marry me? šŸ¤”

Rode it twice yesterday, thoughts :

Dissapointing to get to FV at 09:30 and not even see it testing. To be then told it's rained a lot overnight and they're pumping water out of the pit, come back in a couple of hours. Can't be helped I suppose, but frustrating nonetheless.

Finally get into the queue at about 12:50 when it finally opens - loving the soundtrack. Personally, I love what they've done with it. Queueline is a mixed bag, you've got some excellent theming pieces, but also some areas where you can see it's been rushed. Hate the fencing. Absolutely love the interaction you now have with areas of the ride previously unseen, and the view you have of the ride from above - unreal.

Station is pretty cool inside, only dissapointing bit is the removal of the front-row queue. Now it's just pot-luck. Luckily there wasn't staff assigning rows on my first ride so I just went and stood at the front.

Something has to be done about that rattle on the last corner. Can't be having that on a brand new ride surely?

Overall - excellent. Thought she ran very well on my second ride later in the day, just as fast as the original. Loving the re-theme and the eye is just mindblowingly good. Room for improvement in the queueline.

Re: the wheelbarrow - when I was queueing on Tuesday there was someone (I think one person, maybe two) working in the area behind the queue line, so that is perhaps forgivable if they're actively working on it. But yes it does seem very rushed.

Would it be an Alton Towers ride opening if something wasnā€™t still being finished?

On Airā€™s opening day they had to stop the ride to ask a landscaper who was still working on the mud pit that surrounded the ride to move out of the ride area..

Hopefully itā€™s all finished soon :)

I do think in the grand scheme of things that it's better the "outskirts" issues re queue mess, view to the car park etc, remain rather than seeing the core elements of the experience in the area and the ride itself left half done. It would have been amazing to see it fully complete from entrance to exit, but I was genuinely surprised at how much they'd done with the area and experience overall. I'm so excited to get over and soak up the changes.

I also didn't notice how DIY the gun looked until watching TPWW's videos - hoping it's temporary while the pathway gun is being refurbed? Can't fight the beast with MDF offcuts, Merlin. Did you learn nothing from Changing Rooms?!

As for this VIP event, Ā£120!? They've clearly thrown in the gold fastrack (which costs Ā£70 plus) simply so they can justify such a high price for it. It's an absolute no from me though.
The mad thing is that they could have charged Ā£200 (and maybe thrown in pizza and pasta buffet or a pop badge) and some fan boys and girls would have still paid it. I don't really get what this 'event' is other than a Q&A. Many nerd enthusiast organisations arrange these for a much more affordable cost.