• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Flat Rides At Alton?

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
It's a bit quite today and I was reading through a few topics.

So, come on then - what flat rides would you like to see at Alton and where...

Make/Model of the ride -
(Pictures if you have them)
Location in the park -
Theme -
Ride Name -

Make/Model of the ride- mondial top scan
Loaction in the park-dark forest
Theme-a crypt
Ride Name -Cryptic Flyers

Make/Model of the ride- mondial top scan
Loaction in the park-dark forest
Theme-a crypt
Ride Name -Cryptic Flyers

I like this idea. Enclosed in a building with a theme and story (something along the lines of Mystery Castle) all hell breaks loose, strobes, effects, smoke. It would make for a great ride. The name is very RCT though ;)

Gerstlauer Polyp in the Dark Forest... though I can't see Towers ever working with Gerst again.

I like this idea. Enclosed in a building with a theme and story (something along the lines of Mystery Castle) all hell breaks loose, strobes, effects, smoke. It would make for a great ride. The name is very RCT though ;)
sorry could not think of a better name

Drop tower into a hole to beat the height restriction, tucked into the edge of the gardens somewhere.Horror/gothic theme, "The Dead Drop"

Make/Model of the ride - KMG Afterburner

Location in the park - Forbidden Valley

Theme - rusty, post apocalyptic machinery

Ride Name - the Excavator

Loving the idea of theming the flats properly, and especially putting them indoors. It's very Europa Park-ish.

Are you listening, Towers/Merlin???

Doesn't need to go to the extent of say NST or Hex but a bit of theming would certainly make them feel like more permanent rides.

Make/model - huss top spin suspended

Location - forbidden valley, former footprint of Ripsaw

Theme - decontamination device

Name - Ripsaw revenge

*not even trying to be creative, I'd just like to try something as intense as talocan.

Make/Model - Huss Jump 2

Location - Dark Forest, where Ug Swinger used to be

Theme - Not sure on this, maybe a tree trying to attack you?

Name - I can't really think of one, I'm rubbish at naming rides :p

Make/Model - Huss Jump 2

Location - Dark Forest, where Ug Swinger used to be

Theme - Not sure on this, maybe a tree trying to attack you?

Name - I can't really think of one, I'm rubbish at naming rides :p
Name: The Unchained Oak.

I would need new underwear if Towers got a HJ2, but having been on one, they are far bigger than you'd think. To dig a pit big enough for it would be an excavation project on a par with Oblivion's, and we all know what happened the last time Towers tried to dig a hole...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted
Surely towers could get a scaled down version. If it's being put in a hole anyway, it wouldn't need to be a giant ride (how it's listed on huss' website) as the height wouldn't add anything.

It would be a much better fit at thorpe where height isn't really an issue and it can make the most of it, but towers could get hold of a smaller version that would fit quite well in dark forest (not sure if huss actually make smaller version, but I'm certain they'd do a custom if towers were willing to pay)

A smaller version would be pointless. The whole point of the ride is that one minute you are at ground level, the next you are way up in the air. :( Also, a smaller one would no doubt have fewer seats and be a throughput nightmare.

Pretty sure I've also heard that the smalest undividual part of a HJ2 is still too wide to get round the narrow roads to the park. The only way to get the central shaft on site would be by helicopter! :p (Though think of the publicity!)

Larger version would also be pointless though. Thanks to towers height restriction, your never going to be way up in the air. Like I said, thorpe would be a much better park for this type of ride as it could actually use the height.

I've moved this thread to Future Discussion which I think is more appropriate.

Make/Model of the ride - Huss Jump2
Location in the park - Dark Forest
Theme - Giant tree taken over by the strange powers of the dark forest
Ride Name - I don't care, it's a Huss Jump2!!
Pretty sure I've also heard that the smalest undividual part of a HJ2 is still too wide to get round the narrow roads to the park. The only way to get the central shaft on site would be by helicopter! :p (Though think of the publicity!)

You have heard that yes! We were told this by James Paulding back in 2010. Still no excuse for not getting one in my eyes! :p

:)

Make/Model - Mondial Inferno (like Airwolf)
Location - X Sector, Submission's former location
Theme: Some kind of experimentation device :p
Name: Delirium

I think anything that can fill up quick and be short duration but intense would be great, were Ripsaw was hopefully that could reduce Galacticas waiting duration time by absorbing some of the would be riders.

I think anything that can fill up quick and be short duration but intense would be great, were Ripsaw was hopefully that could reduce Galacticas waiting duration time by absorbing some of the would be riders.
a shot 'n' drop tower (like Ice Blast at BPB and Cliffhanger at FL) would fit that criteria -, they don't take long to load/unload, have a short ride cycle and pack a punch- but AT wouldn't be able to get one unless it was partly in a hole in the ground, due to the height restrictions (hence why Nemesis was built in a pit).