• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New world's tallest coaster?

Rob said:
Sam said:
BowMan said:
I'd feel disappointed if the tallest ride in the world was that.

Rather than the 0.0047 second flash-in-the-pan that is Kingda Ka...?

This would be the first proper coaster since Millenium Force to hold the record, rather than something built purely to break the record with the least amount of effort possible.

That doesn't stop Kingda Ka from being totally awesome though! ;)

I think that this has more thought put into it than KK and TTD but it just looks like it would slowly be lowering you down as it'd have to be trimmed to hell. When I saw this topic, I thought it would be a massive tower ride with a steep drop. I personally would feel a bit let down. It definitely doesn't stop it from being an interesting concept though.

I imagine this being quite good actually. The height will have a greater impact compared to being on TTD or KK as you're higher for longer.

The trims won't be a problem so long as they're done like really steep block sections (think along the angle of the downhill trims on Expedition Ge-Force) here and there so they won't be as noticeable. They'll need trims otherwise it'll pick up a ridiculous amount of speed and there's not enough space around the tower.

I think the hills will all offer quite a bit of air too. I'm thinking of it as a B&M / Intamin mega/hyper/giga but all of the elements are stacked rather than spread out. :p

But anyway, I doubt what we end up with will look like the concept. The laterals on the turns would be horrific unless it was all controlled like a Mack powered coaster, in which case it would all be rather pointless (you'd still get nice views though :p ).

It's still exciting to see this concept potentially becoming a reality though, and if it's successful, we might see other variations appear in other cities and countries.

:)

You won't notice the height changes over the hills. What's a 30 foot drop when you're 600 foot up?

That said, it's a really, really cool concept and I'd love to ride it if it ever gets built (and I ever can afford to go to Vegas and don't blow all my money on blackjack and strippers on the first night).