• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Next theme park to close in the UK

Personally I don't see Drayton Manor being at any risk of closing, the average number of visitors daily recently has been anything ranging from 6,500 - 10,000 and there are plans for next investments over coming seasons, we're going strong! :D :p

Not notable enough for my calculations :p If I was to start factoring every small park in the country it'd be too complicated. :D

What about sundown,it's been look run-down for the park few years.

EDIT:IGNORE THIS FORGOT ABOUT ANGRY BIRDS LAND NEXT YEAR

Does New Pleasureland count? Because I'd assume that would be pretty high up the list there.

To be honest I'm surprised Paulton's isn't on there. I've only ever seen one advert for them (Peppa Pig) and that wasn't even on Channel 5. The photos certainly don't look as appealing as Thomas Land and it does really offer everything for all the family. It's certainly a ~8 audience. I'd whack that quite high up, alas I've never been but their visitor numbers have never been high. But certainly have one of the coolest names! I'd move LWV with double figured odds now that they are on the resort push. But not too much due to their relaxed management.

Paultons won't be going at any point as the park is run very well and cared for; it's small and doesn't offer anything that thrilling for anybody over 13 but it certainly suffices for the family market as an escape. It's also in a good location for home holidays as it's by the New Forest area where there's plenty to do alongside Southampton.

Stelios said:
To be honest I'm surprised Paulton's isn't on there. I've only ever seen one advert for them (Peppa Pig) and that wasn't even on Channel 5. The photos certainly don't look as appealing as Thomas Land and it does really offer everything for all the family. It's certainly a ~8 audience. I'd whack that quite high up, alas I've never been but their visitor numbers have never been high. But certainly have one of the coolest names! I'd move LWV with double figured odds now that they are on the resort push. But not too much due to their relaxed management.

I think the reason why you haven't seen the Advert because of your location. Paultons is in South England and I've seen the adverts a couple of times. Down South, We don't really see much LWV or Mingoland adverts because they aren't our local theme parks. It all depends on region

:)

Eddie said:
Stelios said:

I think the reason why you haven't seen the Advert because of your location. Paultons is in South England and I've seen the adverts a couple of times. Down South, We don't really see much LWV or Mingoland adverts because they aren't our local theme parks. It all depends on region

:)

^ Precisely what Eddie has said. I live in Portsmouth so I'm roughly a half an hour drive away and see the adverts for the park most of the time on my TV.

Paultons is a great theme park for the family market in the southern area and is well located near Southampton. I guess you could say the next family theme park is Chessington or Legoland which are located towards London. It might be a small theme park but it does the job very well as an attraction for the southern area and is very well cared for. I haven't been for a few years but my friend went last weekend for her two year old neice's birthday with the family and thought the staff were very friendly and helpful, ensuring everyone had a fun day!

I will add as well that along with TV ads, I've been to a few places (restaurants/shopping centres etc) which provide a park guide/map which is available for people to pick up - which I can guess is distributed around the southern towns/cities such as Southampton and Portsmouth. :)

I've never seen a Diggerland advert. Does that mean they don't exist?

BigAl said:
I've never seen a Diggerland advert. Does that mean they don't exist?

I'm sure you must have. Signs, leaflets and Billboards are all adverts. I know that's how I found out about the one near me. Actually, leaflets are probably one of the most effective forms of advertising there is; relatively inexpensive, people do pick them up and they get across far more information that a 30 second TV spot.

It's of course possible that you found out by word of mouth (or word of internet forum) but you can't simply rely on that in an industry that requires a lot of people to know about your business for it to work.

I only heard of them because I Googled "theme parks in the UK" a while back and found this map:

uk-map.JPG

:D

RE: Earlier posts, Paultons had over 1 million visitors last year, but I should have added it to the list yes.