• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion ride op shoots her own movie from guests camera

And the ride op in question saw and replied to it in the comments! :p

I think the one ride op said something along the lines of "very naughty boy".

The guy could have been a bit more subtle with the camera on the lift hill.

McKillmore said:
I think the one ride op said something along the lines of "very naughty boy".
Was it, "He's Not the Messiah, He's a Very Naughty Boy" :D

I just got it up on a computer that does youtube. I like the way she records the sign saying No cameras.

Although I think if that happen, the ops should come together and all say "He's/ she's Not the Messiah, He's/ she's a Very Naughty Boy / Girl " then stop filming ;)

llandudnoboy said:
This is my video by the way :) We're going back again this year but this time with a Galaxy Gear watch! :D

The park operates a no filming policy on all rides bar one. Why do this?

I had always been to Chessington in previous years and used to video all rides. I suppose they allow it there as there rides are pretty tame! So without thinking I did the same at AT. My fault for not reading signs! :)

llandudnoboy said:
This is my video by the way :) We're going back again this year but this time with a Galaxy Gear watch! :D

There's only 2 main rides that you're allowed to film on, and that's the Rapids and Flume. Not sure about the mini flats such as Heave or Marauders.

To be fair however anal you are about it, you can easily get away with filming using a Galaxy Gear watch. Sure the rules are no filming but a camera watch has never been a safety hazard to all. It's secure on your wrist and no different to a bog standard watch afterall.

Tom.B said:
llandudnoboy said:

There's only 2 main rides that you're allowed to film on, and that's the Rapids and Flume. Not sure about the mini flats such as Heave or Marauders.
They might be more lenient with it (after all if you drop your phone in the water more fool you!) but it's still technically not allowed.

Well I had my camera on full view to the ride ops as I boarded both The Flume and the Rapids, to drop them the hint that I would be filming, and they said nothing.

They don't prohibit using cameras on The Flume and Rapids as far as I'm aware. Just advise that you do so at your own risk (Obviously water and camera seldom go hand in hand :p ). Aside from that filming is prohibited on pretty much every other ride.

What I've heard is it's the thing about unofficial on-ride videos, Ive got a go pro chest harness and that's not allowed.

What you will probably find is that ride ops just dont want to take the risk - many times when I was an op I would simply not allow any cameras regardless of attachment/harness other than pre-arranged recordings due to the number of times I've been told "it's safe" or "it wont come loose" etc....truth is, I would never let it happen just incase it did go flying off the ride.

Alton towers has paperwork online for filming on ride.
This state that
"Details and drawings, i.e. fixing details of how the equipment is to be attached, will be required by the PR Manager/Press Officer. This information has to be submitted to an independent third party inspection engineer for approval prior to attachment to any ride/attraction."

and

"Filming and/or photography equipment cannot be attached to any ride or attraction without
the express permission of the PR Manager/Press Officer. Due to the inherent risk"

This paperwork also goes on about the Legal Requirements for safe operation of rides and attractions.