• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

OGEE - the Beautiful Human Art Topic

1VWDb.jpg

These things are on your skin and all around you... Sleep safe.
Pretty beautiful IMO

To be honest, that is art that I can appreciate. I enjoy close shots, and it really puts it in perspective our place in the universe.

I've always had a soft spot for the South Hall staircase in BBC Television Center. (Using it almost daily for the last 11 years might have something to do with that :p )
It is an angled cantilevered design, only supported on one side, and stretches from the basement to the 6th floor. It's one of the things that sums up the 50's charm of the place for me.

7215495226_7b391c86c0_z.jpg

7215573318_8bda1df025_z.jpg

6280633213_a995cac8c1_z.jpg

3655792515_44e886b256_z.jpg

Oooh thank you Sam for bringing up Magritte. I love his work.

I personally love Magritte's form of surrealism which is weird and otherworldly and yet still seems to be metaphysically taking place in our reality. I think that makes it much more shocking and impactful than the dreamscape constructions of other Surrealists like Salvador Dalí.

Also, I like the Bowler Hat motif... :p

I think this painting, 'The Month Of The Grape Harvest' is my favourite, even if the name has always left me baffled:

tumblr_m3pjctMpin1ru2dn1o1_1280.jpg

It's such an intrusive painting with for all we know, thousands of faces staring directly at you, through what we assume is meant to be a window in our house. It eludes to paranoia that the world is watching and judging you, it has an element of the fear of being surveilled, and I think most obviously and most prominently it suggests feeling a severe lack of privacy. I think this picture is by a man who desperately wants to shut those windows and escape from everyone. It's a sad painting, a disturbing painting, and a beautiful, quite fragile painting of someone feeling alone in the crowd.

Other favourites of mine include:

'The Lovers'

Rene%252BMagritte%252B-%252BThe%252BLovers%252B.JPG

'The Great Family'

Magritte-GreatFamily.jpg

DiogoJ42 said:
I've always had a soft spot for the South Hall staircase in BBC Television Center. (Using it almost daily for the last 11 years might have something to do with that :p )
It is an angled cantilevered design, only supported on one side, and stretches from the basement to the 6th floor. It's one of the things that sums up the 50's charm of the place for me.

7215495226_7b391c86c0_z.jpg

7215573318_8bda1df025_z.jpg

6280633213_a995cac8c1_z.jpg

3655792515_44e886b256_z.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be Andrew Georgiades? Or know him?